The Fliteboard eFoil thread - Info for the DiYer

depending on the type of clutch bearing, you need a shaft that is hardend. I think the shaft of our 61xxx motors will wear fast as the surface might not be hard enough.

The shaft wonā€™t wear. The internal section of the prop is locked in by the prop pin and doesnā€™t spin. The bearing will absorb any wear.

Hey Jezza superbrain. I was talking about the self builder idea. And depending on the type of clutch bearing used, you will need a hardend shaft.
Read carefully!

1 Like

Iā€™ve built one, it doesnā€™t need a hardened shaft. The collar locks to the shaft and then the bearing sits on the collar.

Fliteboard shows exactly how it worksā€¦

Is it effective ? Would you show us your prop, the bearing (ref) youā€™ve used ?
If effective, which one is really drag free or ā€œinvisibleā€ during the surf, folding or TG (True Glide) ? @jetsurfingnation did a comparison video about it.

1 Like

Itā€™s effective on land :rofl:, I havenā€™t had a chance to test in the water yet. Iā€™ve been busy with a few other foiling elements. Once tested Iā€™ll consider either sharing or selling some units :wink:

1 Like

You donā€™t get it, right? You really do not understand what I am talking about. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Please develop :wink: I donā€™t understand your point either since there is no relative movement between shaft (or collar) and bearing inner sleeveā€¦ Like Fliteboard, we are trying to avoid clutch bearings like the following one where needles or balls are in contact with the shaft

I know exactly what you talking about, but you just overcomplicating something simpleā€¦
You can purchase a shaft collar super cheaply and risk zero damage to the motor shaft.

If you know what I am talking about donā€™t tell itā€™s wrong.
Depending on the type of bearing you need a hard shaft.

After the True Glide, for the first time, Flite is offering a folding prop, in the 500usd-ā‚¬ range. Looks familiar, doesnā€™t it ?

Reminds of the Foldy from FR at 300ā‚¬

1 Like

Wow that is so lazy! Not even the pride to create something even slightly unique. The could have so easily at least modified the blade landing seem to look different. Tragic.

Looking at it, I would say the FR makes the prop for Flite, and Lift.

5 Likes