The Surffic / Cimi Sports / Tiki Factory thread - Info for the DiYer

Here is an interesting OEM efoil presented at the Düsseldorf Boot under the French brand Tiki Factory…
Seems the R&D is done in Barcelona (Spain) under the Surffic brand, manufactured in China and sold worldwide by Cimi sports (trading company) on Alibaba as an OEM product (see below) ! Surffic offers a more advanced product compared to the other Chinese OEM called HISUN (rebranded Waviator, Dolsey, Epic AUS, Horue, theultrafoil …) with similar price though.

A stable product as shown on Instagram videos : https://www.instagram.com/surffic/
FB: Redirecting...
Cimi Sports on Alibaba: price 3000-6000usd This product is no longer available.

Here are a few details that could be useful to DiYers. For example, they gave up latches and use a pair of bolts and screws to close the hatch lid :crazy_face:. Cable connectors are really nice too.
NingCim - efoil

ESC cooling plate :

Cooling

Simplicity inside:

Surffic Hatch Int comments

From battery to ESC to mast connections:

2 Likes

Very good build! lovely connectors and best sealing I saw across all commercially available products! Specially the lid lock system is much redundant than those marine hatch locks everybody using!

The hinges could also be a thing of the past with L-shaped screws overlapping the door. That could simplify the job for DiYers: minimum reinforcements needed on the door and inside the hatch since there is no hinge :wink:

1 Like

I saw the board on the “BOOT” exhibition. prop drive seems ok, but there is chinese gear inside :see_no_evil: Prop is alloy and seems ok. Prop duct is plastic and looks good. aprox 180mm diameter…
Mast is carbon fibre and looks good, seems thats their main business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Wing is chinese takuma copy, a bit small for easy riding…
Battery case was empty and is mock up…
What is a no go: they use the maytech remote, :scream:
The told me price is 7000€, which is a lot… For that price I would prefer the #etakumaefoil for their offered 6799€. Allthough engine looks simpler its modularity and EU warranty makes good impression to me;-)

1 Like

I have the same wings from Chinese the manufacturer :laughing:. front wing span is 56cm I guess. not tested yet. You think it is too small for easy efficient ride?

Would love to see a closer look on that motor. I believe I know which type of configuration it is :slight_smile:

it will work, but it is not an easy flying wing for beginners;-)

Could be the 61 x 26 cm front wing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32857409005.html

The designers and the product history (March 2019) in Spanish but subtitles in English are available:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXJsGdci3kE

The Surffic as it’s shown in vid is not the Cimi model but a Hisun efoil.

Yes and no. on this early March video they show two SURFFIC boards, each with different foils:

• the blue board seems to be their earliest prototype and is fitted with the large HISUN foil and motor,
  • the orange board is their future production model and is fitted with a Maytech/Reacher/Flipsky motor type: at 2:02 for example.

New reseller with custom boards

Yes, board and foil look like the SURFFIC / CIMI board with screws on the hatch lid.
Then for the drivetrain, we don’t know.
Here is their French address ? Anybody around ?
Seven Oceans.
SAS CHILI Run - 17 Rue du Pied du Chaume - 85470 BRETIGNOLLES SUR MER - FRANCE

http://seven-oceans.fr/contact-7oceans/

Hello,
This is the product sold by Cimi sport.
The spacing to fix the fuselage is 75 mm.
I would like to adapt another fuselage with a larger wing.
Do you know if other brands have the same fixing distance at the foot of the mast?
Thank you
Jacques

Where did you buy it and how much if I may ask ?

A picture of your mast base and fuselage slot will help.
What fuselage material ? Alu or carbon ?
It is always possible to build an adaptor : https://projectcedrus.com/adapter_fab/
In some cases, the adaptor can be 3D printed : https://projectcedrus.com/compatibility/
See also RRD clever solution where they insert a plastic or3D printed part around the mast airfoil section to fit a conic fuselage slot (@Riwi a solution that might have worked with your Moses plane)
Plstic insert mast-fuse

The Airush, Gong, Naish, Takuma are in the 80mm screw distance so close to your 75mm screw spacing. The difference is in the profile thickness (14.7 to 15.3mm).
AGNR 110mm mast

The Gong fuse by @MAC: should be possible to redrill to 75mm.

Thanks for your post!

For how long do you have that board already? are you happy with it?
Also, did you use the longer/ shorter mast?

I just contacted the manufacture on Alibaba and they offer 1 unit for $3800.

Hey Jacques, I’ve seen on YT you’ve been busy testing your CIMI board.
What do you think ? What are the motor and battery spec ? Are you happy with them and with the charger ? Is the CIMI clever hatch waterproof ? You board seems to have an integrated rubber band on its nose - do you confirm ? Did you have the opportunity to test the brand after sale service ?

Hey mate. I am also considering buying the CIMI board. I could not really find any other reviews anywhere… what do you think ? they offered it to me for $3800.

1 Like

Taking into account the excellent quality, at 3800usd seems to be the best deal offered on the net. “Seem” because @Jakos is the only guy who has used it regularly for a couple of weeks. So let’s wait for his feedback, IMHO his opinion is important before buying.
How much did they ask you for the shipping from China ?

1 Like

I agree, I am looking forward for hear @Jakos opinion on the board.
They asked for $800 for a door to door delivery within 25 days.
They offered 1 year warranty (Which might be useless I guess).
How much tax will I have to pay for the import to the states?

Hello,
3800 is the price before tax. The total cost must be calculated.
Otherwise the machine works well for the moment.
no problem with electronics, engine or other. In my opinion the board is a bit heavy. There is progress to be made on this point.
The batteries have excellent autonomy. More than an hour.

1 Like