The Volt eFoil thread - information for the DiYer

`[quote=“michion, post:16, topic:6888, full:true”]

Why? You wont provide any information on what parts are available and pricing. I know, ive tried.

Maybe you could just tell us whats available and what the prices are instead of wasting peoples time directing them to an unhelpful email address.
[/quote]

What makes you think the email address is unhelpful?

We price customized requirements directly. If it becomes too much of a headache we will simply not do it.
I thought people would be happy to have the opportunity to get some items they can’t build themselves…

`

The fuselage with our mono v3 fuselage below allows for using it also as wingfoil board by switching to a conventional mast.
It also protect more the engine unit in case of teaching and rentals. However it has the wings further down and therefore the other option with compact fuselage allows for a longer mast. We so far tested successfully our 86cm mast with it and it’s so much peace of mind when riding… You are not afraid of breaching out.

In terms of stability the difference is not crazy…

Also we are flexible enough to be able to make adapters for other brands fuselage on demands (cost might be high but we are open to it). Our mast is 2xM8 40mm appart

After the first email response saying you dont have a price list, further emails requesting parts haven’t been unanswered. I consider that unhelpful!

I was happy… but quickly realised it not a real opportunity.

EDIT: Emails gone missing their end. Me getting bent out of shape about it and over-reacting. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Apologies.

Under which name did you send the email? I have replied to most emails on the same day so unless if I missed yours there must be a misunderstanding…

I think the whole misunderstanding bit can be avoided if you have a clear set of items for sale with clear prices… That also avoids the need for back and forth with emails etc.

I agree and that will come within the next days…

@Mantafoils, would you tell us more about the water path in your forced flow cooling system (no pump) ? The inlet is shown but where’s the outlet ? What water height did you get on the board deck during your tests ?

The outlet is at the bottom of the plate head.

It can easily go up to 85cm mast when riding 15+ kmh

Have You considered to direct the outlet so the operator can see water is flowing(at least in higher speeds), or is this the case already now?

There is no need for the user to see.

The controller cools down even with very little flow

Well, think it would be a nice feature(rather common on marine water cooled equipment )There is always the possibility that the pipe gets clogged, and even if we have temp control of the controller its nice to know before it shut down if there is a related problem.

@Mantafoils, I’ve been on mantafoils.com
Would you tell us more (facts, data) about:

• your in-house developed new motor,
  • the water forced flow cooling system extended from ESC to the whole battery compartment,
  • the prop guard with embedded stab.
- a new motor developed in house provides **higher top speed and silent operation** 
with longer ride time
- The Volt 3 features **a unique built in stabilizer prop guard** design which
reduces  risk of injuries and enhances flight precision and feels very stable.
- Water freely flows into the board's compartment **and help cooling down 
the battery**.  The Volt 3 mast head features ball valves that let water flow
 out while riding up in the air

hi,

sure…

for the in house motor, well most of it is confidential in terms of specs but it has a good torque. it is mainly optimized for the 20-30kmh speed range in terms of efficiency.

the battery compartment do not have seal and let water in. the nose of the fuselage has a hole and water flows to the ESC and cools it down then exit from the mast head. the mast head has some holes to release the water from both battery compartment and ESC.

2 Likes

2023 mantafoils.com efoil range called Volt4: in addition to new boards with metallic colors there seems to be a hatch on the board bottom like PWR foil (? tbc) to reduce heat sun exposure …
Interesting features : choice between impeller and a two-blade folding prop, new cable-free power connector battery (EV technology ?)…

2 Likes

Yes, regarding the above pending questions, battery insertion/removal on the bottom side of the board like PWRfoil, new 3h autonomy EV battery type, quite a nice piece of work ! Definitely a new market standard at 8775 usd!

@Mantafoils :
Q1 - Would you show us what’s inside the battery, are they prismatic ?
Q2 - If I want to wingfoil, what’s the board weight with battery box cover ? Is this cover sold with the initial purchase or has it to be bought separately ?
Q3 - Power draw difference between 2 or 3 blade prop and impeller ?
Q4 - Would you sell boards separately to foil.zone forum members ?
Q5 - After so many years with a battery box on the board deck, why this setup by the board bottom ? Cost effectiveness ?
Q6 - Would you comment on your new motor ?

yes we are the first efoil brand to use prismatic batteries. they come from the world biggest EV player that supplies most automotive brands.
they have several advantages over cylindrical and we have 10x less solder points which is a great evolution. but for lower capacity they are not suitable

the wingfoil system is an accessory that will be added to the store next week.

the 2 blades is the most efficient system, then the 3 blades, then the jet. Having said that, at low speed our jet has impressive power efficiency.

boards will be added later on to the store but most customers buy complete sets. anyway, the board would need the dedicated mast system to work so there is no point to buy just a board.

Our battery compartment was by design open to water and therefore it was natural to get rid of the cover, It was in our mind for a long time but was not the right time. also our boards are now much lighter with our absolute carbon a just 5.5kg which is extremely light. we really wanted a cleaner look and also a cleaner deck to allow nice concave etc… so after several variants we opted for battery below the board.

new motor, is is basically an improvement of volt 3 motor. higher torque mainly so it can push harder on the top end while being slightly more efficient in the bottom end of the range.

7 Likes

Mike aka @jetsurfingnation testing the 2023 Mantafoils VOLT4 Efoil
“180 min riding time?”
Strong points:

• the “EV” prismatic (rectangular) battery: 50Ah 2400Wh in April = 3hr/2hr autonomy for kids/adults. Smaller battery coming soon,
  • possibility to switch between propeller and jet,
  • the armless Volt 3 elliptic (toroidal) stabiliser,
  • the folding propeller,
  • simple board design means really light boards : 100/55 L = 8/5.5 kg
  • fully cable-less efoil,
  • efoil to WingFoil adaptor plate :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
  • V4 efoil = new remote with improved colour OLED screen brightness
  • optional board rubber nose,
  • 2 yr Warranty,

Questions for @Mantafoils:
Q1 - As there is a “Possibility to switch between eFoil and WingFoil in no time” what is the weight and material of the 395usd WingFoil adaptor kit ? Good idea but tool-less would have been better than six SS screws …
Q2 - Do you sell the Volt 4 efoil R3.0 remote with receiver set to DiYers ? Does the remote float ? Remote 2.0 plus receiver set for Volt 3 efoil is 455usd.
Q3 - you sell the three 50/75/100L boards as bare for 1950usd in the shop. What can we do with them as they seem really specific ?

3 Likes

@SoEFoil Here’s the link for the manta remote https://www.mantafoils.com/online-store/Volt-4-efoil-Remote-p545590883

In fact my question was about this on the page you indicate :

Note: volt 4 remote is not compatible with V1 remote receivers. If you order a remote for your current volt efoil you need to also order the matching receiver.

Hello:
Q1: tool less was considered but then ruled out for this volt 4. maybe in future models. main reason was the force needed to screw the mast in and connect to the receiver socket.
Weight of adapter is 1.4kg. a 100L board is about 8kg so quite light overall.

Q2: Volt 4 remote is sold on our store. we can supply it to DIYers with a volt 3 receiver which has cables. price would be 455 USD. it would be custom order case to case basis dealt by email on sales@mantafoils.com
The remote does not float (anymore) due to smaller size and larger battery inside.

Q3: its for customer who have volt 4 already and like to have different board sizes.

for two connectors, if I am not mistaken, Sifly so far has cables. waydoo does not.