Uk first efoil build - 65161 powered

200A bms wired on run ? if so put 150A on max batt settings, 90A is a bit low for motor…
best to try, see yourself results and upgrade settings, but i still don’t know why vesc user keep put higher amp value on the battery side… (?), the motor will always need more on this settings than battery

2 Likes

Thankyou, yes a 200A BMS wired inline. I will amend the max batt settings. Does everything else look sensible?

battery voltage setting cut off a bit low for 13s (unless you want to push your cells), best to stay around 3.3v/cell so 42.9v (42.9/40v) instead of (40.2/36)

1 Like

Again thanks for your assistance

Also suggest to increase max motor current to 150-180A, max battery current aprox. 2/3 of the max motor value, so 100-120A. Max break current can be lower, -1A is fine.

1 Like

Had a great first session, thanks again to all on the forum!
A slight cogging on initial acceleration but was faultless once running. Is this something that can be tuned out or to be expected?
Air Temp was the only thing that prevented me from staying out, but absolutely chuffed to bits :grinning:

I am currently running a gong XL-T 2100cm2 and a surf pro 400cm2 (45) stab surf. can anyone suggest a higher aspect gong setup for a little more high speed (I also ideally want the setup to bridge across to use on my wing foil board)

awesome build! where did you get your battery & ESC boxes?

Is it the Curve XL-T you have?
The new Fluid foils might be a good solution. They now have 3 versions of each size of fluid in different aspect ratios.
The fluids have slightly more drag than a Veloce but better lift at lower speed. Compared to a curve they are a lot more slippery through the water (for want of a more technical term!) They are less stable in terms of roll or to phrase it a different way they feel more manoeuvrable.
I sold my Veloce XL (which was a great wing) because it was super efficient but did require noticeably more speed/power to fly and had quite a long arc when carving.
Hopefully that’s helpful info.

Thanks Greg,

I have been primarily using the XLT which was working well, I also have access to an L and and an LT. The weather has been a limiting factor for additional trials.
What size fluid are you running with?
What part of the UK are you based in?

I’m based near bristol. If you’re local to me you’d be welcome to trial one of my wings to see how it performs.
I own the M, L, and XL fluids (and XL-T curve).
I’m currently trying to put together a foil drive assist type setup.