Ultimate watersports Remote & Receiver

Thats really necessary, imu to detrct fall or tilt limt, radio link or rssi will not act as fast as direct gpio interrupt and that means you lose fingers or not like that french guys that were mentioned in safety thread

Wondering Who is the wefoil?! My ME design contractor came across this job posting in upwork
Let me do it for you :joy:

1 Like

i think Vefoil is history,…

In Updates here? Do you had Time?

Wefoil is a fledgling efoil brand from Hawaii and his creator (FS for short) is a forum member. Maybe the reason why Vefoil had to change to Veconcept ?

The enclosure plastic parts design is going very slow! Designing for prototype or proof of concept much simpler than designing for manufacturing and at the same time trying to keep it cheap for low quantity. Water seal, Two shot ejection to bond silicon and abs, makes it very complicated and expensive production process. I have been testing the hardware with @Hiorth brothers remote design with small changes but it is not a good fit for this design! There is no proper space for GPS for example, Or the trigger system is not feasible! there is no reason to have hal sensor outside of the enclosure. Attaches some photos of new design but still needs some serious work. I need to find someone to take over the design and wrap it up

5 Likes

@samisin are you going to sell these remotes or make it as a diy one?

I will make it open when it is ready so everybody can use it. There might be commercial ready to use available for purchase as well.

7 Likes

Just found this after you responded to my other thread. As an engineer myself I really respect this effort. How is progress?

Thanks. I still have no final reliable enclosure design. Have been busy with other stuff and couldn’t spend time to recruit experienced mechanical engineer to finish the job yet

I’m not skilled enough but some people on this forum might be willing to help… you just need to make a call :+1:

The way lift designed their remote was very clever. Use basic shapes that can be easily manufactured/cnc’d. Then add on moulded rubber bits that also float. This means a very fast manufacture time and just a little putting together…

You are so close. I would help with that if I could, but that is not my expertise, unfortunately. I would be more than happy to be an alpha or beta QA tester on land and water, though. Done that many times with all kinds of devices.

If someone on here doesn’t step up maybe one of us could recommend a friend through our various networks to get this thing ready to ship. You really are filling a void by leapfrogging all the current offerings and I am sure there are many who would be willing to pre-order to help fund the first batch.

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested in one remote when you feel ready to take a few orders…
Br
Magnus

Finally got time to make the remote logging to be fully compatible with esc tool.

6 Likes

Finally were able to fully seal the remote!
I added extra space in the body for gps so it gets better reception.
I printed the lid in PETG and the button cover with Ninja flex in one shot print, you can do it either with multi material printer or change the filament. Then I did the salt casting and oven method for the lid and it turned out 100% waterproof while the button section kept its flexibility.
For the body I did the same method but one layer of epoxy inside and outside also.
I had Problem with 2mm oring pqlcement and leaking so I made a mold to make silicone gasket.
I hated all those nuts and I filled the gaps and used heat inserts for M3 screws. Super happy with the setup

10 Likes

If anyone is interested in modified Hiorth brothers remote design I used for my remote you can find it here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZUnQpcG3fu-KpdWrBoMgi-C_wIW39S4l

I would love to send out remote and receiver to test in case if anyone is interested but smt assembly takes time. If I send them out for Fab pair of remote board and receiver will end up below $80 if I order more than 20. Please let me know if you are interested . Below is the quote from Macrofab for only the remote without radio and display I needto ship these to parts for them

6 Likes

Count me in.

I already started printing the remote. It is about 80% done and looks really good so far. Excited to test the waterproofness of this thing compared to the pottted Maytech remote I smothered in gobs of liquid tape. Are you siliconing lexan for the window to the display? I may also try to make a version that I can securely mount my phone in/to for navigation and reading BMS and VESC info directly.

1 Like

Remote shows and logs VESC info along with gps. loga are compatible with VESC tool.
to glue and seal piece of 1mm plexiglass for display window , outside of lid part I use the sillicon glue from the link below. It is easy to clean it up from plexiglass when it cures. It would be much better to change the design to place the plexiglass from inside with stoppers for each corner.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UEN1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To make the gasket I am using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UEN1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I’m in for 3 at least. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

1 Like