Very slow build from France

Looks good. I’m at a similar stage with my battery build. I’m using the same 6mm X 1.5mm nickel. I’ve read that 6mm x 1.5mm nickel will handle about 5 amps per battery connected in parallel. I see you have 14p, so the nickel will handle a total of 70 amps.
My battery is 15p so 75 amps.
Based on this I’m considering adding additional nickel across each series connection.
Would this be needed? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You’ll get more than 5 amps. You should get around 18a if the nickel is decent quality.

1 Like

What cases are the gripmax 3 and 4?
I am also busy with a flat pack style battery build for a friend’s board. A little bit more of a pain to build but saves some height.

@Jezza : sorry for the mis name , the same case you have

https://maxstorerite.co.uk/product/max-grip-003/ for one 6s flat

and max-grip 004 for the other 6s and the vesc

@jakebarnhill1 thickness is 51.5mm with extra taping for the middle row

@rogjalon: 0.15mm 7mm, yes no problem for 5A continous, probably higher, 70A is enough for what i need, after i want more speed, i will change the wing

Fit the case which goes on top off the mast mount

5 Likes

back on track, after kids and house… a couple hours for me

4th attempt to make my board:

small to fit my car, 12cm high to fit my box, simple shape, sandwich constuction 2 type of foams, not the best shape looking, but hot wire everything between 2 wood templates, almost no sanding so far
i hot wired the rocker for the front at 10cm and i glued at 2cm hard foam on top to be smooth

still work on the hatch idea which doesn’t need to be waterproof since i use a box, but i want to keep the water outside to stay light

so , simple shape, 150x60x12cm, try to be as light as possible, angled the side, took 3cm off the side, 4cm off the rear for the top

for the hatch, my idea is to hotwire through the board using 2 templates top an bottom
keep the middle part removed, cover it with fiber/epoxy, put it back in the baord, fiber the all board and add 1-2 layers of Lantor Soric XF or LRC on the bottom
then cut the top of the board and remove the foam in the box, just like we do with a classic board…

the board sould not be to hard to cover:
here CF 600gr 12k and soric 3mm

5 Likes

Some time tonight … working on my new vesc box

• Max001 ( bottom will cut and aluminum plate glued )

• Coating 75/300, took the coating of the fet after it dried, good thermal pad …

• try to make a nice wiring …

New waterproof connectors that fits 8mm plug :wink:

2 Likes

Salut Alexandre
Content de voir ta progression :ok_hand:As tu un lien ou acheter les connecteurs ?

STARVAST 5Pcs Boîte de Jonction Étanche, Boîte de Jonction Extérieur IP68, Connecteur Étanche, Connecteurs Boîtier et Câble Électrique Extérieur Ø 1-13mm - Noir Amazon.fr

8mm bullet connector fits , but you need to solder the wire straight and in the middle

Xt150 … no worry , but I will probably go with the Lehner Lmt 400 connectors

All the 150xt and 8mm … have a low contact area

Don’t forget to fill that enclosure with CorrosionX before use.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::call_me_hand:

X-corrosion does not mix well with cable silicone…

Today after 2 years of thinking and wanting , I finally got the solution that fits my needs

What is in the box ?

Inflatable board maybe?

1 Like

8 Likes

And how much does this pleasure cost?

Around 620€ shipping incl

Looks good, space for the box seems also big enough. What does it weight? Too bad they do not have a smaller one, you got the smallest one they have.

yes the smallest , box size about 29x49x15cm , weight : 4,5kg about

Not perfect but I like it

Very nice board, they obviously improved their design…go to work now, because an electricbox takes time…a lot of time :wink:

1 Like

Congrats, if they have same quality as old gen, then you will have some troublefree years ahead without dings. Good to know that Pascal started shipping to us diy people

1 Like
  • the board is well design even if the battery case could have a little bit wider I will try to fit my case : hpr2350

• the shape is nice , going smaller for this king of board will have no sense, I guess it will be harder to bounce back on the water then older board …

• very happy with weight I will try not to go too heavy with the box to keep every thing around 20kg …

• overlapping layers are not perfect but I guess it is hard to do it

• quality is here , very rigid and probably enough for what I need now

• shipping has I asked since I was in vacation , you can buy this board eyes closed and you will have a nice and true costumer service

I will try to update I test it this year ( hopefully) but I take my time on this build …

1 Like