Very slow build from France

Thank you I will look at hp , sls is strong enough i think if I double the lips of the blades , here 4mm to 2mm , too weak at the end

Building a new battery 12s14p , missing space so I want for glue cells , Kapton tape … , here waiting to silicone to cure , about 1h30 , do the other side then classic 6s pack , tested silicone glue hold nicely

1 Like

Waiting for kapton tape to arrive, one sheet between row will be put

3 Likes

Hello
Alexander
You will install which BMS on your battery, I am currently doing the same 12S14P battery with 18650 Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A cell?
thank you

No bms
2 x6s charged by lipo charger
Discharge taking care by the vesc

Yes 30q which will see at max 8A

It’s a good idea ! you still use a HIFEI Fulcrum PRO + 300A 15S ESC?

This esc lasted about 1 min in the water , now I am running the trampa 75/300

You scare me Alexandre…I who have a pro swordfich + 300…I’m afraid of the future 1st test in real condition

I have run the Swordfish X+ 300A in the water and so has Virus and its lasted fine. Just make sure the water-cooling is working.

1 Like

I tested the heli one at the time to have the rpm control to make a cruise mode , may be the one with water cooling is more appropriated

I do have a water cooling with a kamoer pump, I will monitor its proper operation continuously over time…thank you

Smoke is easy to monitor … the temp protection did worked and cuted everything … my watercooled swordfish 8s is still running after more than 50h , given for 200a with recorded 250a pics … so I had no luck or water cooled are different esc or running differently

1 Like

working on a waterproof remote, so i bought 2 remotes on aliexpress, the same waterproof one as other did before…

it said on the box “V4”, standing for version 4? , the design seems the same as before, but “silicone glue” was added on the battery terminals where the problem was before…

still by ichting a bit, the white material can be easily removed on the lipo, so some work needs to done here again

i took the foam away and under the board didn’t received any coating, so this will be done as well

seems to be well made for the price

throttle play is pretty long, so i tested it on my vesc,and yes it works well even if the magnet is far away at the end, it goes from 0 to 100% on 17mm, more than enough and very smooth and linear

so far so good

edit:

i was planning to switch the lipo to a smaller one to waterprrof it, but under the white glue there is some kind a device added probably that regulates somethings…

I just ordered the same one. Does it work without modifications?

no for long i will guess, not much work to do inside i think to make it better and drill a hole in the case to blow the water outside after and keep it as dry as possible for storage

As for the spring position , it goes like this , inside the trigger on the right and bend side down

1 Like

That device is the low voltage cutoff. You can buy small lipos with these integrated. I think every lipo sparkfun sells has these included.

Interesting point on the LVC is that if your remote does not want to charge (gives the charge fault signal) it is most likely that the cutoff has been tripped and doesn’t reset even while charging. You can save the remote by just charging the lipo carefully with a nimh/ nicad/ lead charger at 0.2a until above 3.7v. Then all works again.

1 Like

Yes thank you it looked that this one :

So just to make sure : it is not a high voltage cut off for charging ?

Edit :
by reading this : https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13854

It included over voltage and amp … I hope Maytech use that kind of lipo in there new v2 remote … because this 30€ remote has it ( now)…

Finally got some time to work on my pack …

not conventional way , two kind of strip because i will fold it in the middle, i am going flat pack :wink:

i finally figure out a way to put everything in one gipmax3 and one gripmax4 cases …

1 Like

Like that idea! How thick will the battery be folded?