VESC 75V/300 Battery Connections

Hi,
A little uncertain about the connection of the battery/s to the VESC. I have purchased a Flipsky unit that has three sets of power leads.

Can I have three battery packs connected each to one set of leads?

Given that the Connectors are XT90 (i.e. rated for 90 Amps).

If I was running a smaller power supply (i.e 16s10P) then maximum amps would be 100 and I could connect all three sets of leads in parallel to the battery.

Thanks in advance

Typically people will go from the battery to 3 parallel xt90 which connect into 3 xt90 on the esc. They likely went that route (with 3 xt90) on the ESC because they didn’t want to route the high current traces on the board because that would make it bigger and more expensive, also it spreads out the connector resistance on the xt90 with 3 connections. 90A is continuous current rating which they also aren’t all 100% on because they are switching some fets . You’ll be fine drawing more 90 amps across those connectors. Probably more around 90Ax3 = 270A which is near what the VESC is rated for (300A)

On mine I soldered them together and have a 8awg wire running to the battery with a pair of QS8 Connectors on it.