VESC Cutting Flipsky 75200

Hi,
Maybe this info helps someone.

I have recently built an efoil with Flipsky 65161, 75200 ESC foil and foil board set from Gong for winging. First run I had a lot off cutoffs, before cutoff remote control screen showed ~100A and ~5000W. It was more like jetboard :sweat_smile:

My problem was a duck around proppeler. Before second atemt I have removed it and efoil changed like day and night. Without duct I need max 60A to get on foil, if I give more power it’s almost impossible to keep nose down.

P.S. I have also limitted power to 5000W with VESC profile.

The consistent feel across the whole voltage range is the advantage. Also every commercial product does this.

I don’t use a duck I read that it limits performance and range a lot but I didn’t know it was that bad. Thanks for sharing.

Although the idea of a smoothing of the available “power” sounds appealing I’m not sure I want to give up the top end that the rig is capable of. I’m not likely to try to foil at 40+kmh but it’s nice to know that capability is there if I need it.

My current settings are providing the quality of ride that I’m after, this discussion however has prompted me to look at some of the other parameters to ensure they align better with my actual hardware as opposed to whatever the medium inrunner wizard came up with or that are “standard” in vesctools.

Thanks to you, @Larsb, @ludwig_bre and @sat_be for expanding my knowledge of this. :grinning: