Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

Thankyou!!

It’s a board I built, and the propulsion unit is built from CNC’d aluminium frame/mount/duct etc.
I agree, the added cost and complexity of a geared drive results in good efficiency and performance.

I will make a build thread soon with a video as well…

2 Likes
8 Likes

Cool video, I think I know where it is, too bad my build is not ready yet but it is getting cold over here anyways…

Yes… water is arould 15°C :cold_face:
Where do you come from exactly?

1 Like

some ideas with the etakuma:

4 Likes

lot of idea yes and the propeller is so tiny like a 5 inch fpv racer

1 Like

Propeller is interesting - anyone ridden one? Whats it like?
@Flying_Rodeo what do you think of this prop vs. your own magnificent one that every1 is raving about? Did you try out this shape or model it in your research?

Some footage with the new drone:

6 Likes

Nice carving turns Jake. What foil/wing are you using there…

Thanks roger,

It’s the Slingshot infinity Fsurf 76cm, this is the one I’ve got, I like how it rides and it is a lot more efficient/fast than the Takuma clone that Ive used previously.

https://slingshotaustralia.com.au/collections/surf-foils/products/2019-slingshot-hover-glide-fsurf-foil

2 Likes

That makes my 880cm2 Naish wing sound tiny. The big wing doesn’t appear to slow you up at all either.
Well done, looks like a great setup you have now.

1 Like

Slingshot make the point clear that this surf wing has a very high top end when compared to similar sized wings. Looking at the overall thickness, compared to my Takuma clone, this wing is much thinner, which would really help decrease the drag!

1 Like

Hiorth build with Gong Medium Pro wing and Surf stab.
Maxed out at 30 kmh with current prop.

7 Likes

Nice videos…10chars

1 Like

Nice skills 360 forward :+1:

1 Like

i really really want to do that :

4 Likes

That’s some amazing riding skill… and an awesome efoil

1 Like

My video from the drone. Excuse the quality, the pilot drove the drone for the second time in his life.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing those great vids!