Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

Winter is coming :frowning:

6 Likes

Love it! So tiny board, sure would be fun to see how hard it’d be to get up. What is your total weight including board and all?

Big 200L board and Fat 100kg old man riding on souther sweden tonight

8 Likes

83kg
+24kg (efoil+12S10P)
=107kg total

It’s quite easy if you are below 90kg.

Hi again, did a ”Larsb” yesterday. But Left without stiches
Tried a new lake that my friends recommended and had fished alot in. Was during sunset. Rode 1min and then hit a stone. When i stood up it was 40cm deep and had been for several 100meters.

Twisted the axis mast 20* and destroyed my new RL2019 wing that i’ve fallen in love with :cry:.

4 Likes

Do you have a picture of the damaged mast? Man this sucks!! Sorry for your loss!

Hi Vicdes,
Not the end of the world, the mast I removed and attached long rod to twist it back. No problems getting it untwisted, but there are some stress cracks from motor and down.
Could ride it again today.
Abit worse with front wing that I started epoxying back up again today. Will pobably no be perfect, but worst case they are only 229€ at RL boards.

You need redundancy in this sport, double of everything…

That’s rough, did you avoid getting hurt?
I’ve started looking at depth plots where i plan to ride

Do you like the whimsifoil board? Looks so much like a door?

Hi Lars,

Yes it does look like a door😉.
However, i can tell you this:

1. Its 450€ and shipped from super nice guy in France.
  2. I’ve done 100 inflation now over summer, no problems. Want a new handle? Make it for free withthe spare patches and pvc glue it comes with…
  3. Its huge, so i can sup it at 2km/h or even stands still. I usually do sessions without getting wet launching from my boat or dock.
  4. Its 6kg and double-folds in 5s after deflation. Easy to fit in car or boat. Easy to carry with one arm those 50m that you usually have To.
  5. It’s sturdy. You can drop it, jam it in whatever. It does not scratch.
  6. It’s basically as fast as an extreme 4’4 from Lift.
    Hydrodynamics does not matter at all when foiling and air resistance is not that big. I foil it up to 40kmh, no problems.
  7. It’s black and white with nice big diamond eva. It does not look like it was made in china by a colorblind person…

It seems cool to vaccumbag eps with carbon, but honestly since i left sport of e-surfing for E-foiling and convenience, I no longer see the point really.

Usually i dont even take it out from my normal size car, since it folda away…

1 Like

Lars, for lakes and rivers you can’t trust it too much even if it has cool bathymetric graphics. Also there is seasonal variation.
My friends have marine professions and the checked hydrographica App for the lake I rode. It was 1,5m minimum. So much for that subscription when i walked back knee deep.

What i’ve learned sofar: if there are stones, dont ride. If you see the sandbottom go for it, even if you touch its soft.

Rode into a fishing net yesterday Offshore and faceplanted again, but no Damages at all.

If you have thick neoprene, then come south and ride with me soon.

I am looking for an inflatable since i ran out of space at home, that’s why i ask :grinning:

There are not so many options (yet) so i’ve been scoping the whimsifoil, i think the others are too expensive for what they are👍
Nice to hear you’re happy with it!

Which app/site did you watch The lake with?

I usually look at navionics webapp before ridning smaller lakes.
https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boating@11&key=srdtIi_uqA

I am totaly aware i can not trust it totaly and usually avoid running on places with less than 3 meter depths if it is possible.
I totaly agree it is very easy to hit The bottom when ridning on places that are not well known and you do not want to hit it on a rock.

I’d sure like to come down and ride! :grinning:

will have to heal a bit more and fix my board before going though…

I have a drysuit (but need to replace the seals) so i plan winter riding, what about you?

Visit of the Monteynard lake - E-foil September 2020

5 Likes

here is my last ride this weekend finaly on 12s with the flipsky vesc6
with safe start option and 15000 rpm max for save my neugart :grinning: i don’t no if safe start is good but it is by default so i test it on a french lake biscarosse-sanguinet for the frenchy​:sunglasses:

3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

YAHEF V2 October Session

3 Likes

what motor/battery here?

3 Likes