Videos of electric hydrofoils around the world

Efoil in new Nissan Leaf advert

Nemo still going strong after about 50 hours of use.
6 Likes

Nemo is such a Beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: compared to my ugly pink Panther :joy:

1 Like

I think the Panther looks great. :surfing_man:

1 Like

Its an SSS56104 and neugart PLE040 inside a custom machined enclosure, Powered by a VESC75/300, water-cooling is not needed!

The VESC app enabled me to screen record the live data and put power consumption over the video in iMovie which is very interesting.

sorry for the late replyā€¦

2 Likes

@jakebarnhill1 you can use metr.at for data logging and saving trip but if you have rev1 like me , you need to enable the Ble by flashing the firmware with a diy cable , I will post soon the mod

Very nice built and skills , speed is crazy !

2 Likes

Thank you very much !

1 Like

Thankyou Alexandre! Yeah the metr.at app looks really good! Iā€™ve just been using the android app with realtime data and screen recording it but metr looks really good because it organises the logs. Looking forward to your post about how you did it.

Which ESC are you riding with now?

Ive got one foil with 75/300, and one with the arc200. Both great ESCā€™s in my opinion

1 Like

You should try the A200S next :wink:

hmmm maybe :joy: I feel like the VESCS deliver more power for some reason, might just be my settings, so its temptingā€¦and the software is simple. Have you tried an A200s?

I havenā€™t tried it yet. But I was planning on it at some stage. But I would buy it without heatsink and then custom design a watercooled one instead. Its a pretty decent price without the heatsink and if you fancy yourself a good solderer you can actually buy the PCB really cheaply and DIY it.

1 Like

When you test it, let us know how it goes, if its good I might :wink:

1 Like

This is what happens when there is a crack in the leading edge of your wing and you keep ridingā€¦ the wing broke apart when planting the throttle at nearly 45kph

1 Like

Holy crap hahaha. Funny but not funny at the same time. At least you never got hurt! Send it to slingshot and tell them you want a replacement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy moly. That was a good dive at 45!
Which motor are you using?

1 Like

The guys in the boat behind me had a good laugh, not so funny for me though haha. I will miss the slingshot wing. I will try and get a discount on a new wing anyway. I attempted to ride with the broken wing because I was curious whether it would work, could get onto the plane but couldnā€™t lift out.

@Toto44 itā€™s an SSS56104 with PLE040 inside a CNCā€™d Aluminium enclosure

That is definitely more difficult then expected :joy:

1 Like

As @Jezza said, you can have it replacedā€¦ for free :ok_hand:

1 Like