Vincent's build

Yes. There is nothing better foiling under the rainšŸ˜‹

HI. if someone decide to follow the instruction to build the battery I would interested to have your feed back in order to improve the tutorial :wink:

@Vicdes2 @samisin @Tim_Kirkpatrick

Please find bellow a recording of my morning session with the Crazyfoil setup (small front wing)
avg speed:23kph

3 Likes

Awesome thanks! Iā€™m hoping this is the answer to my issues. Had the foil out last night and everything is running and cooling great! But I weigh 200 lbs and my setup is probably 50 lbs so I think I need more lift than the CR:X Foil can provide at my current speed. Trying to get my hands on a FR propeller but they seem impossible to find

1 Like

seems you were averaging around 30-35A have you tested the 30" front wing?

Yes. More lift but didnā€™t measure it

What propeller is this?

Itā€™s a flying Rodeo

1 Like

Hey. I am thinking about start bilding one. How can i choose the best hydra-foil from airfoil database ? ( Fail that i can put in CNC and make base form from foam. )

Hello. Sorry but I didnā€™t understand well what you want! Can you tell me more!

I wish to make front and rear wing from polymeric foam. How can i do it ? Is it possible to do it with hot wire ?
I thinked that with CNC would be easyer.
I heard that i can take sketches from airfoil database.
How can I choose hydrofoil there that will work ?

Hi. Ok I see. I donā€™t have experiences in wings maker. I sell remote and receiver if you need it but donā€™t have build the wings. If I can give you a free advice, donā€™t build it but buy it. for exemple you will have the best wings (in my mind) in RL for about 300 eurosā€¦ Sorry to donā€™t help you a ot.

And if you need a good remote, here I can help you :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for opinion :pray:

What wings do you recommend from RL. Do you use their mast as well.

No I use crazyfoil mast and wings but after months of reading I love the efficiency of rl. I know from last year they have a v2. Just ask theme!

I use the 2018 RL wing with 1200cm2 not the new one with 1600cm2. Iā€˜m happy with it, it is in a good range, starts to fly at 15-18km/h, max. speed around 40km/h. I do not use their mast, as the fuselage has flexible hole spacing so it fits to most masts. I own also an RL mast, itā€˜s ok for the price but not anodised and not the most rigid one on the market.

2 Likes

Hello vincent, i wasnt really confident with the pack but with your pdf everything became clear. Many thanks

3 Likes

Ho . So crazy to see my battery build doing by other onešŸ™

Hi, are you still using CrazyFoil I would like to get it, on the big front wing on what speed it starts to fly ?

Hello. Yes from 15kmh around