Volker’s Build - 80100 18650-30Q

Thank you, I will try this out.

I got the 80kV, you the 130kV.
I dont know, If it is wise to try a high pitch prop on a higher kV :thinking:
But hey, its only 2€ PLA…

1 Like

Cables are made of copper and 2/3 of the length is under water, so it can stay pretty cool :grimacing:

Which is the stab screw you shimmed ? (back wing):
1 - front screw = stab leading edge more nose up = less angle of attack, later take-off but higher top speed
or
2 - rear screw = stab leading edge more nose down = more angle of attack, earlier take-off but lower top speed (saturation) ?

Almost. I shimmed the back screw 2mm = Stab leading edge more up.
The foil is screwed on from below :wink:

Thank you @MaB for sharing your Prop design.
Since i had best results with 2 Blade, i redesigned yours and adapted it for the 80100.
I will test it, if it gets a bit warmer here, winter is coming :cold_face:
Propellerhub 50mm:

3 Likes

Looks good as twin blade! Curious to see how it perform!

Awesome results shared, thank you! Is there a way to monitor the data from the VESC (Amps, RPM, speed etc) without paying another 50 euro for metr components?

As far as i know, Vesc-tool can log too, but not as convinient as with Metr.
And in my opinion, If you have a Vesc, Metr is a musthave and worth every penny :+1:

1 Like

Xmatic , eSkate vesc , you buy a module ( hm10 nrf51…?) and pay the apps , or you buy the module metr.at ( more expensive but high quality ) and get the metr.at app free

Metr.at module will work with the other apps , can you save around 25€ using this others one, but they don’ t do full time logging as metr.at …

For just monitoring you can get the display box from flip sky as well

Only vesc tool does the rpm (erpm) and now new feature on metr.at as I understood

1 Like

I think I will leave the Metr investment for a later time and try stick with the minimum initially until I am satisfied with the board, even if that means a bit more hassle to analyse my data, so it would be great if the VESC could log this data too to analyse my board once I build it to make sure I dont burn anything up! Do you know if the VESC writes the data to an SD card or how does it work? :slight_smile:

Dry Test with prop:
Seems like 91kV

Well no torque applied , kv isn’t a fixed value , 14 poles , supposed to be a 80kv ?
Voltage left ( rpm) = voltage applied - resistance of coil x I
What Ri has a 80100?

And i thought, kV is always s no load value!?

Vesc says Ri 15mOhm
And yes, it should be a 80kV

Kv is calculated by spin the motor at a know rpm and measuring the voltage given , so the other way around , 12% off isn’t so bad ,with bemf… of what I understood… it is always a approximative value , just to help to choose the setup for brushless

I think you are talking about Ke there, which is an inverse measure of Kv. It is usually expressed as V/krpm

Okay, i did further Investigation for you guys…
180A Motorcurrent is no Problem for the Flipsky 200A
Only a short test in a bucket, after Few seconds the Motor ist pulling a bit air, and thats the reason, why Motorcurrent Drops…

Turned cooling off today for Testing

1 Like

And If there is anyone interested in motor consumption in air (with prop), here you are:
590W full Throttle
260W at cruising Speed

1 Like

And temperture cutoff at 75°C with no cooling and 90A Motorcurrent:

Such a nice focus on data that matter. Would you have a step like that with your 2 best props against a pontoon, a bathroom scale between the pontoon and the board nose (increasing duty cycle) ?