Vx3 & 75100/75200

I’ve ridden it for year like that so not worried.

Well those changes definitely made it smoother getting up.

Thanks!

Also, Tried turning on logging for the time I was out, I enabled it through my phone on the app and went out and hit stop when I got back and when I looked at it on the desktop app it just shows that I was on the beach with no data. Do you have to take your phone out with you? I thought the controller had GPS on it.

1 Like

Haha, no the controller logs everything to the phone via Bluetooth.

Glad that the settings helped you out!

That’s would I would think but not sure then how to get it off and onto the phone. I’ll try reconnecting and see what happens.

Thanks

I am assuming you are referring to VESC TOOLS “logging”

The VX3 “controller” has a gps chip inside it but I don’t believe it has any role in the log file creation. :grinning:

I use an IPhone running vesctools 6 which I connect to the 75200 via Bluetooth.

Once connected I can see RTD, change limits etc. I can also turn on logging which generates a file on the phone containing a lot of different data values. The data from the 75200 is transmitted to the phone via rhe Bluetooth connection so the phone has to be close enough for that connection to work and not be blocked by water or material. I believe the gps data comes from the phone’s location but not positive about that.

I put my phone in a waterproof bag (just in case) and then put that inside the waterproof compartment close to the Vesc.

When I’m done the session I close the log and send the file via email to my PC which is running the desktop ver of vesctools.
I can then review the data in that program or open the csv file in a spreadsheet program to look at it that way.

1 Like

Lame that it has GPS but doesn’t add to logging, what’s the point? Lol.

So I guess just have to get a burner phone that I don’t care about hah.

GPS in VX3 itself gives you speed value on its display which is pretty important feedback imho as I reference that frequently as I learn.

1 Like

I had the same problem because I had incorrectly connected my receiver to the vesc, it is connected in UART (nrf), you have to connect it in PPM (5v, GND and servo) and you will be able to connect in PPM with vesc tools

1 Like

Uart mode works fine. And you get more data on your remote display.