Watercooling Flipsky FSESC75200

Allright, thank you. It seems that removing the lid without making some kind of hole is not possible so I’ll do kind of the same and then make a new lid!

Is it normal here to use sea/saltwater directly to the water-cooled loop to the FSESC75200? Or will this corrode the cooling line too fast? I was thinking of using a small water to water heat exchanger with a closed loop to the esc, and open from the mast and out of the board. What are your solutions in sea/saltwater?:slight_smile:

Some surprising ideas here, the two inlets/outlets are simply connected in series with a small piece of tube. No need to adapt the heatsink.
No problem with seawater directly into the heatsink but a filter or grid is adviseable in the intake line to stop stuff that could block flow to and inside the heatsink

1 Like

Although I operate in fresh water I don’t think salt corrosion is a very big concern. If you need to you can flush the line including the water channels in the vesc with fresh water at the end of a session.

I use passive cooling on my Flipsky 75200.

Water inlet is from a tube in the nose cone, up the mast, through one channel, turned around with a U shaped fitting back through the other channel and then to another tube to exit the board. I get water flow at anything more than 5km/h on an 82cm mast. I occasionally use a garden hose to flush in both directions to ensure the flow is normal and there is no minor blockage from weed or algae.

1 Like