Waterproof remote housing

I love my remote. Using it for esk8

1 Like

Hi! Any news regarding a solution to use the second trigger on your remote to act as an on/off button for a watercooling pump (or anything else). We don’t need the brake on efoil so we could dedicate this trigger for it. And there is maybe a firmware solution, like pushing once for on, and pushing again for off?

I just got my maytech remote and it works well. I like the modulation.
The price is about 5X higher than it should be though. All it does is modulate a signal and its waterproof. It definitely doesn’t justify the price. But there is so little out there so I got one.
Then, I saw this one…

Has anyone used this remote? Its priced right and does the same job if you ask me…

I bought one of those first and kept getting signal interference to where is was unusable. Also lacks any waterproofing other than a thin coat of epoxy like glue on the board.

The cheap one needs to be waterproofed properly. I have bought one and opened it right away instead of using it.
I plan to re-coat the board with plastidip, including the wireless circuit and battery. I am then going to drill some drainage holes in the casing so that once it gets water in it, it can drain faster as I believe that this is where guys are having issues (when the casing fills up with water and it blacks the signal.)
If the above does’t work then I didn’t lose much money!

sounds good. I ordered one to try it. yeah, it might just need a better case with an o’ring or gasket.

That’s another option. It might be a bit challenging with the throttle the way its designed, but not impossible.

Thanks for advice. I will tell our engineer to consider it if we update the remote.

by the way, usually what 's watercooling pump current?

Hi!
I’m currently using the alien remote as well. So you managed to design a waterproof housing for it? I’m curious to see how you did it for the trigger and buttons!
Thanks

hello Fabien_n ,

i should start to do remote housing, i plan to use same principle on my actual one: pusher under glove

1 Like

Ok nice! The watercooling pump is 12V 3.6W

1 Like

Ok! A nice solution would be to use the same concept a Outex for cameras Outex Entry Kit | Underwater Camera Housing That Fits All DLSRs A thin and very flexible transparent silicone “second skin”. It is closed using a screwing cap system. Used once for another project the Dragon Skin silicone from the brand Smooth On, it was extremely easy to use, just brush painting different layers of the silicone on a mold.
https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/dragon-skin/ I will investigate this further

Did you already model the alien power remote in 3d? If yes could you send me the file? I will use it to 3d print a shape on which I will brush paint my silicone to create a second skin

just place it on grabcad :

+/- 1mm

1 Like

Thank you! I ordered the Dragon Skin silicone from Smooth-On and will post a feedback here after some tests.

After unsuccessfully trying to negotiate a better deal with Maytech on the waterproof remote. I bit the bullet and reluctantly made the purchase.
After 3 uses the safety strap snapped due to poor quality stitching. I contacted Maytech and asked if they would replace it. Once again instead of customer service, I received rudeness. Her answer, was you must have put it on to tight. Everything has a limited lifetime she says. ( Apparently 3 days of use is the limit) Just sew it she said.
I’d might add that the purpose of this strap is to stop the remote from being lost if you drop it. I think that makes it fairly important.
Now, the rest of the remote.
As I stated previously, there is nothing special about this remote other than it being waterproof.
The display screen is nothing more than a gimmick. The throttle percentage is useless and the miniscule board battery display doesn’t display accurately.
The receiver is a unprotected PCB that requires soldering to make the apparent battery voltage feature function. The remote comes with no instructions other than a link to a short, vague youTube video. I’d advise to stay away from this Chinese junk and wait for something better.

2 Likes

Hi Roger,

First of all, our price is the price of the remote control, and the strap is is delivered free of charge.
And the strap is about 5USD, and you opened dispute and asked 50USD refund.

Secondly, everything has limited lifetime. It’s same for the strap. It may be because every people use in different way, the broken time is different. However, the broken strap does not affect the use of our remote control. And it’s easy to be repaired.

Finally, I made timely responses and suggestions for your problems. I didn’t think that you were malicious. I didn’t have any maliciousness. I spent time and sincerity on every customer, whether they bought one or 100.

Later if you have any questions when using the remote control, I am happy to help you. In addition, when you placed order, manual was not ready. So I sent instruction videos and detailed messages to you. If you had doubts in using the remote, please contact me.
And manual was ready this Monday. If you need, I can send to you.

Eileen, as the advertised picture shows, the strap is included in the sale. It wasn’t free. Don’t make things up, it’s unprofessional. I opened a dispute only after you refused to help. If the strap is only worth $5, why not provide some customer service and replace it for me, That’s all I asked.

This remote is sold for efoil , it must have a strap and a good quality one , it is a part of the remote because you don’t want to swim back pushing your board after loosing your remote in the water

1 Like