Waydoo Kickstarter gathered $268K. Is $4K commercial eFoil realistic?

That’s called lying in your marketing. If you look at their campaign they classed it as “accelerated by DJI”. In those cases DJI has zero bearing on how the company is run and what they do. Also its an exaggeration as DJI invested in the actual parent company. But not suprising when you look at how other companies like Maytech operate where they claim they make all their motors and remotes :rofl:

ok, but as they are going the “more expensive way” (in your opinion) they must have big balls and money to step up against this “illegal patent” of Lift…
I thought that once this is at court they can`t sell goods in the US… Maybe this is getting much bigger than we think, if chines government steps in too…
Could get very interesting the next few months :sweat_smile:

Seen on the Facebook Waydoo Flyer public group Redirecting...
Announced last January (2022) a Waydoo dedicated folding prop is manufactured on request by a (German ?) individual, 389€, produced in Europe (Germany ?).
Waydoo Efoil Flyers🏄 | Folding prop: | Facebook
It wouldn’t be too difficult to modify it to a standard 12mmx8mm axis

A folding prop designed by Waydoo is being tested.

don’t worry mine is coming up soon… test on going …

The Folding Propeller from Olli Lenker fits on the 65161 motors…

1 Like

389€ from Olly Lenke, 489€ for the “official” Waydoo folding prop at 489€ ? (2022 oct 02 price)

I saw a post about a bolt-on modification to strengthen the wing/fuselage area but I can’t find it in this thread. Does anyone know where I can find info on that mod?

isn’t that the truth!

In three months, the Waydoo folding prop price has grown by 25% (22/10/02 to 23/01/08)

@waydoo or @waydoo.one would you have the dimensions of the mast plate ?

We don´t have mast plate on our mast. The mast head plugs in a conical fit, and is therefore super stable…

I’ll be happy with the mast head dimensions, ideally a STL file for the cone angle :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey FJ, found one of your 2020 post about the board design and quality. As I have not seen a Waydoo board yet (yes…it is possible :thinking:) have you seen one and what’s your overall perception today for somebody looking for a board-only solution ? A hack is still to find to reproduce a 3D printed (moulded) conical fit above the mast…

What is a conical fit for the ones that don’t know ?

@SoEFoil
Saw the new waydoo plus board on the Boot in Düsseldorf last week… In my opinion one of the best designs on the market, Not only modular system but as well very rigid as it has alloy frame inside that makes it stiff, (the EPP around it is only to give it the volume) As well it has a perfect shape for wing foiling to and is very light! The carbon version was more heavy!!!
I asked them if it`s possible to buy a board only and get this conical mast box. … Yes they sell the board only for 1100€ but that conical mast box that fits into the board is not possible to get…:frowning_face:

Different solutions exist to duplicate the conical box of the mast power assembly:
1- using a scanner
2- using the Waydoo board female conical box as a mold (don’t forget the release agent)
3- longer method: taking dimensions with a caliper, using a 3D CAD program then 3D print it with a way for the cables.
Inside the electrical box (cells+ESC) cables would be exposed to water so connectors need to be waterproof like FoilDrive, Amphenols or home made.
With the needed care, we could imagine a @brycej or @jeffM ESC above mast solution… :thinking:

Well I can`t, but if you have a way to do it, I would be happy to get one…Then do my own built by buying a waydoo board and adding a ESC and motor and getting a great wingfoil efoil hybrid
:sweat_smile:

Just got an idea: fill the hole with resin and you have the missing piece:

1- close the hole from the battery side (double side adhesive tape plus board)

2- flip the board, place some cling film in the hole (replaces the release agent)
3- place a 20mm diametre tube between the middle of both holes (cable path)
4- fill with resin around the tube up to the board bottom surface
5- cnc two quarter circles in the non Waydoo mast plate to reuse the original board locking system
6- drill + fix the resin insert with screws to the plate

But which resin ?
Many here: Casting Resin-Alumilite
Or a lightweight casting resin like Feather Lite™ Product Information | Smooth-On, Inc. , contains howto videos.
Feather Lite™ is a heavily filled low-density urethane casting resin. Cured plastic is lightweight (it floats in water!) (…).

seems like waydoo is doing good at the patent war with MHL/Lift… Let`s hope they continue and help us to get rid of a ridiculous patent.:pray:
I heard Flite is paying 1000$ p. board to MHL. Did you guys buy the champaign already :sweat_smile: :fist_right:

1 Like

For all the Waydoo hatred, they sure are doing a good job for the greater community at a cost to themselves. Big ups to them for this!

1 Like

I’ve created a new thread to separate DiY and law matters: