Database for mast & plate

I sketched a 3d model of the Gong V2 alu mast and uploaded it as STEP here:

A 3D-printed section fits the real mast well so accuracy is good enough for covers or clamp design

6 Likes

I really agree on the Gong mast flex - and good to note for all heavy riders foiling.
I’m having flex issues with Gong V1 mast, will see how V2 works!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the mast file.
I will print a new pod that hopefully will fit better

1 Like

You 3d printing the plates? (PETG?)
How does that work? Any good?

Mast plates are subjected to really high forces so these need to be either in metal or fiber reinforced composite. 3d prints won’t work, or if the do then they will be bulkier and heavier than optimal.

2 Likes

Anybody having the dimensions (3D draw) of a Waydoo plate, footprint and thickness ?
Same question for SiFly ?

Tried my best to model the cross section of the Lift foil masts.
This should be good enough to use it for things like motor mount clamps etc

Here is the file: https://grabcad.com/library/lift-foil-mast-profile-cross-section-1

Could you make a step file with an extruded profile too? This profile sketch is not useable for many of us.

Something like that ?
AXIS 119x19

Anyone knows what kind of glue or comercial product Fanatic is using to glue mast and plate? Any recommendation on what glue to assemble mast and plate?

The mast only needs to be glued if it has play in the plate and is therefore not stable, or if it wobbles a little or needs to be tight.

In muy foil setup one of the holes to attach the mast to the base plate has become to big for the bolt so I will fix it with a modified washer and I think I’ve better if I permanent assemble the mast to the base as Fanatic does nowadays. Less risk of future play or woobles.

does anyone have a gong v2 top plate STEP or DXF ? @nice2cu

I’m looking to use the layout to make a angled riser for my TOW

Thanks!

How exact do you need it to be? I think i have a rough version somewhere

1 Like

well, it’s just to make an angled riser so even if it’s not perfect that will work.

Sorry no.
I not need it.

1 Like

I have just made the Gong V2 mastplate in CAD. Fits very nice, accurate in +/-0.2mm. Hole pattern tolerance +/-0.1mm.

Plate only + holes for mast
https://grabcad.com/library/gong-v2-mastplate-1
GONG FOIL ALLVATOR V2 TOP PLATE

7 Likes

thanks a lot ! if any of you have the UNIFOIL Katana mast I’m down for it !

I sketched an F1 mast and uploaded as STEP here:

I’ve tried a 3d printed section against the real mast and the accuracy is good enough for clamp design

1 Like

I sketched an RL boards mast and uploaded as STEP here:

These two masts share the same profile (not the same hole pattern)
The RL mast is considerably beefier in thickness than the F1 mast.

I’ve tried a 3d printed section against the real mast and the accuracy is good enough for clamp design

5 Likes