Database for mast & plate

The mast only needs to be glued if it has play in the plate and is therefore not stable, or if it wobbles a little or needs to be tight.

In muy foil setup one of the holes to attach the mast to the base plate has become to big for the bolt so I will fix it with a modified washer and I think I’ve better if I permanent assemble the mast to the base as Fanatic does nowadays. Less risk of future play or woobles.

does anyone have a gong v2 top plate STEP or DXF ? @nice2cu

I’m looking to use the layout to make a angled riser for my TOW

Thanks!

How exact do you need it to be? I think i have a rough version somewhere

1 Like

well, it’s just to make an angled riser so even if it’s not perfect that will work.

Sorry no.
I not need it.

1 Like

I have just made the Gong V2 mastplate in CAD. Fits very nice, accurate in +/-0.2mm. Hole pattern tolerance +/-0.1mm.

Plate only + holes for mast
https://grabcad.com/library/gong-v2-mastplate-1
GONG FOIL ALLVATOR V2 TOP PLATE

7 Likes

thanks a lot ! if any of you have the UNIFOIL Katana mast I’m down for it !

I sketched an F1 mast and uploaded as STEP here:

I’ve tried a 3d printed section against the real mast and the accuracy is good enough for clamp design

2 Likes

I sketched an RL boards mast and uploaded as STEP here:

These two masts share the same profile (not the same hole pattern)
The RL mast is considerably beefier in thickness than the F1 mast.

I’ve tried a 3d printed section against the real mast and the accuracy is good enough for clamp design

5 Likes

Does anyone know the dimensions (width and thickness) of the neilpryde and cabrinha aluminum masts?

I sketched and uploaded the Crazyfoil mast here: https://grabcad.com/library/crazyfoil-hydrofoil-mast-1
It has a symmetric profile and thickness is low so i don’t expect this mast to be the best.

I got their kit when I started, their wings had quality issues and the customer support was horrible - but if you’re unlucky enough to get one then this could be a base for clamp design.