Waydoo Kickstarter gathered $268K. Is $4K commercial eFoil realistic?

Yes question is why should one pay double if you can have the real waydoo for half price… By the way their Foam board does not look as sexy as this warp, but it is way better in handling and weight… i think thats why Foam or inflatable is the future…

Waydoo is now being sued by Lift and their latest shipment has been seized by US Customs Agents. Many owners had already been waiting on warranty parts since November. Sounds like another foiling season will be ruined for Waydoo customers thanks to their corner cutting and shady business practices.

https://portal.unifiedpatents.com/litigation/Delaware%20District%20Court/case/1:21-cv-00091

Oh interesting. So MHL (Liftfoil) is shooting against waydoo now with legal action using their illegal patent! Could be very interesting for us DIY if Us courts will acept this “not correct issued Lift Patent”. So just hope waydoo has good laywers in place that will do the job for us all and beat this Lift patent… Helps us all and will bring more brands stepping into the U.S market, bringing the prices down for US customers… Would definately encourage Pwr-foil, mantafoils and other to show up in the USA…
Really curious to see how getfoil will get the next ticket from MHL (Liftfoil) and how they react…
So long, Thanks to waydoo for hopefully killing this “wrong issued” lift patent! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

The same way Fliteboard do, pay a licensing fee… Waydoo could have done the same and it would have cost them WAY less than a lawsuit.

ok yes they could probably do, if lift/MHL accepts, but as this this patent itself is really ridiculous, and there was an officially published study (University of Stockholm) well before the MHL (Liftfoil) patent process… this patent should have never be accepted by the authorities…In Europe this would have never been possible…
Looks like in USA they don`t check it there is already similar existing, once you ask for patent…
There was a big discussion even with founder “pacificmeister” here in this forum …I think 2019 about this ridicolus patent…
So In this case I really understand the chinese DJI company, if they don´t accept it and risk the patent war.
And knowing this published study about weight shifted electric foils was published well before the Lift/MHL patent application, I really hope it will be dismissed… Would be great success for this community as well…

1 Like

Even though the patent shouldn’t have been granted it still was. I bet that Waydoo will settle and then pay licensing fee’s as it will definitely cost less than challenging the patent…
Normally it takes either a very large company or a few companies to band together and challenge a patent.
DJI also doesn’t have anything to do with Waydoo. They simply invested in Waydoo’s parent company TXA UAV where the investment related to agricultural drone spraying.

ok did not know…
however they advertised that they were boosted by DJI…so assume there must be some interconnection…
Well let`s see what comes up, but hope this bloody patent is gonna get cancelled…

That’s called lying in your marketing. If you look at their campaign they classed it as “accelerated by DJI”. In those cases DJI has zero bearing on how the company is run and what they do. Also its an exaggeration as DJI invested in the actual parent company. But not suprising when you look at how other companies like Maytech operate where they claim they make all their motors and remotes :rofl:

ok, but as they are going the “more expensive way” (in your opinion) they must have big balls and money to step up against this “illegal patent” of Lift…
I thought that once this is at court they can`t sell goods in the US… Maybe this is getting much bigger than we think, if chines government steps in too…
Could get very interesting the next few months :sweat_smile:

Seen on the Facebook Waydoo Flyer public group Redirecting...
Announced last January (2022) a Waydoo dedicated folding prop is manufactured on request by a (German ?) individual, 389€, produced in Europe (Germany ?).
Waydoo Efoil Flyers🏄 | Folding prop: | Facebook
It wouldn’t be too difficult to modify it to a standard 12mmx8mm axis

A folding prop designed by Waydoo is being tested.

don’t worry mine is coming up soon… test on going …

The Folding Propeller from Olli Lenker fits on the 65161 motors…

1 Like

389€ from Olly Lenke, 489€ for the “official” Waydoo folding prop at 489€ ? (2022 oct 02 price)

I saw a post about a bolt-on modification to strengthen the wing/fuselage area but I can’t find it in this thread. Does anyone know where I can find info on that mod?

isn’t that the truth!

In three months, the Waydoo folding prop price has grown by 25% (22/10/02 to 23/01/08)

@waydoo or @waydoo.one would you have the dimensions of the mast plate ?

We don´t have mast plate on our mast. The mast head plugs in a conical fit, and is therefore super stable…

I’ll be happy with the mast head dimensions, ideally a STL file for the cone angle :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey FJ, found one of your 2020 post about the board design and quality. As I have not seen a Waydoo board yet (yes…it is possible :thinking:) have you seen one and what’s your overall perception today for somebody looking for a board-only solution ? A hack is still to find to reproduce a 3D printed (moulded) conical fit above the mast…

What is a conical fit for the ones that don’t know ?