Waydoo x Takuma

Great analysis. I believe the Waydoo mast locks in to the aluminum frame - not the EPP foam. Hopefully this works better than the first gen Etakuma.

3 Likes

It seems there are a lot more Takuma issues that are creeping in now: Redirecting...

A couple of guys have had this same issue. And again they didn’t want to honour the warranties!

This guy is obviously a hard core player … not sure a LIFT or Fliteboard can resist to repeated bumps and jumps…

If you read the thread with those pictures there are more posts of similar breakages. Apparently they are related to weak extrusions for the mast and screws loosening while riding. Because of how the Lift and Flieboard masts are put together that won’t happen.

If you want to see how much a punishment a lift board can take, here is a video of someone going truly hardcore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmnV2AMlk8&fbclid=IwAR1akq3mUOgBXuBijzVdy3ILyXEydp9eH9F94aCkVBOHyZCrdnNR-vlQIlQ

And 360’s on a Fliteboard: Redirecting...

Game over: Takuma have changed their mind and just taken the board under warranty. So you can have a warranty at 6500€. Could they have done anything else with Waydoo arriving strong ?
Let’s hope Waydoo will follow this path.

I had the chance to see the #waydoo_one already in Frankfurt. Above you say you have to watch the connection of the mast into the board. If you want my guess, this is one of the stiffest connection of all. It is exactly milled and goes into the board for about 60mm. And it is secured by those 2 screws but they have no force from the mast momentum at all… They sey inside the epp there is an alloy frame that takes the force and as we inspected it, I believe that because it is very stiff in that middle area, where the battery is inserted…
And if you ask me, it is not a question to choose between a takuma and the waydoo. On first impression it is more a choice between fliteboard and waydoo one. And then if you compare the price, then it is less than half, and in my opinion the waydoo is just a newer generation with some smart gimicks. Only point that I would prefer the fliteboard is, it is about 5mph faster than the waydoo according gps speed…
German dealer said he got some boards already but sold out within 1 day, however he promised to get them back in stock in september…

3 Likes

here is a video of someone going truly hardcore

Using a leash with an eFoil seems really dangerous - and borderline suicidal without a helmet…

This sport needs several brands offering many smart but sound gimicks to cut costs down :wink:

2 Likes

I bought the Waydoo Flyer one from an USA distributor. Should receive it next week.
I will keep everyone updated.

That’s fast taking into account that the first batch of 250 pieces is supposed to be in a container that left China on 2020/08/18.
May I ask how much have you paid and how much for the shipping to your door ?

1 Like

first batch of 250 pieces

This batch was apparently for discounted Kickstarter backers. They have been shipping the full-MSRP ones faster. First I’ve heard of US delivery though - previously only heard of European distributor(s) receiving their pre-sold units

What’s the US distributor’s website?

Do you know if you got the version with the weak fuselage or the updated one?

I did not receive it yet.
Supposedly there was an air freight shipment ( faster) and a container shipment…
I bought one that supposedly will be coming by air…
Will update everyone as soon as I get it…

We know the sites now

Did you buy via sessionsports.com, interestingly based in Charleston SC, Waydoo hometown if I remember correctly ?

Hi Amarttos,

Did you get your Waydoo yet? if so how are you finding it? (sorry if you have posted about it already)

I am awaiting delivery in the UK

Thanks

Hi
I received my Waydoo flyer one in October.
So far, I was able to use it twice without problems. And 2 other times needed to swim back with it due to malfunction.
First time, remote control stoped to connect to the board after using it for 10 minutes.
They sent me another remote.
Used the board 2 days in a row after the replacement remote arrived.
Then went out and used my board another time and the same issue happened. After 10 minutes using it the remote control just lost connection with the board. I sent back the remote and now they are checking if the problem is the remote or the blue tooth unit at the mast.
A real disappointment so far.
I bought the Waydoo flyer one at McKite and they are good, always answer the phone and promptly respond to emails.
But, so far, Waydoo has been a huge disappointment.

I bought my Waydoo flyer one at

Hi Amarttos
Thanks for getting back to me
Yes that’s really not great.
I’m still waiting for delivery…
Nick

I’ve used my Kickstarter Waydoo Flyer One about a dozen times since I received it in October. Only issues I’ve had are a small weight gain on the board due to water ingress/absorption (less than 1kg, which drains away after 24 hours) and a few times while riding my remote will display an “S” on the display indicating a signal issue and showing low battery, which goes away once I throttle down for a few seconds. Unclear if this signal issue is related to the near freezing conditions I’ve been riding it in.

There seem to be issues with some production batches - fortunately mine so far does not seem to be from a problematic batch. From what I’ve heard Waydoo is shipping warranty replacement parts as problems arise.

If I was in the market today I would purchase from a reputable retailer (such as MACKite) that will handle any warranty claims, while waiting a few months to see if quality improves to avoid warranty-claim downtime. I would also wait see what FOIL is able to ship this spring (at a similar price point)

1 Like

I haven’t tried a Takuma but I’ve tried a lift extensively. When I first got my waydoo a couple of weeks ago I took it to my friend with the lift so he could try it out. After riding it for half an hour his only comment was “why did I pay $13,000 for this lift”? So I give the thing high marks. 20 hours and 3-4 weeks in its flawless so far. I did have to put a 1/16” rubber gasket between the front fin and the motor but after that pretty much perfection.