Waydoo x Takuma

This sport needs several brands offering many smart but sound gimicks to cut costs down :wink:

2 Likes

I bought the Waydoo Flyer one from an USA distributor. Should receive it next week.
I will keep everyone updated.

Thatā€™s fast taking into account that the first batch of 250 pieces is supposed to be in a container that left China on 2020/08/18.
May I ask how much have you paid and how much for the shipping to your door ?

1 Like

first batch of 250 pieces

This batch was apparently for discounted Kickstarter backers. They have been shipping the full-MSRP ones faster. First Iā€™ve heard of US delivery though - previously only heard of European distributor(s) receiving their pre-sold units

Whatā€™s the US distributorā€™s website?

Do you know if you got the version with the weak fuselage or the updated one?

I did not receive it yet.
Supposedly there was an air freight shipment ( faster) and a container shipmentā€¦
I bought one that supposedly will be coming by airā€¦
Will update everyone as soon as I get itā€¦

We know the sites now

Did you buy via sessionsports.com, interestingly based in Charleston SC, Waydoo hometown if I remember correctly ?

Hi Amarttos,

Did you get your Waydoo yet? if so how are you finding it? (sorry if you have posted about it already)

I am awaiting delivery in the UK

Thanks

Hi
I received my Waydoo flyer one in October.
So far, I was able to use it twice without problems. And 2 other times needed to swim back with it due to malfunction.
First time, remote control stoped to connect to the board after using it for 10 minutes.
They sent me another remote.
Used the board 2 days in a row after the replacement remote arrived.
Then went out and used my board another time and the same issue happened. After 10 minutes using it the remote control just lost connection with the board. I sent back the remote and now they are checking if the problem is the remote or the blue tooth unit at the mast.
A real disappointment so far.
I bought the Waydoo flyer one at McKite and they are good, always answer the phone and promptly respond to emails.
But, so far, Waydoo has been a huge disappointment.

I bought my Waydoo flyer one at

Hi Amarttos
Thanks for getting back to me
Yes thatā€™s really not great.
Iā€™m still waiting for deliveryā€¦
Nick

Iā€™ve used my Kickstarter Waydoo Flyer One about a dozen times since I received it in October. Only issues Iā€™ve had are a small weight gain on the board due to water ingress/absorption (less than 1kg, which drains away after 24 hours) and a few times while riding my remote will display an ā€œSā€ on the display indicating a signal issue and showing low battery, which goes away once I throttle down for a few seconds. Unclear if this signal issue is related to the near freezing conditions Iā€™ve been riding it in.

There seem to be issues with some production batches - fortunately mine so far does not seem to be from a problematic batch. From what Iā€™ve heard Waydoo is shipping warranty replacement parts as problems arise.

If I was in the market today I would purchase from a reputable retailer (such as MACKite) that will handle any warranty claims, while waiting a few months to see if quality improves to avoid warranty-claim downtime. I would also wait see what FOIL is able to ship this spring (at a similar price point)

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried a Takuma but Iā€™ve tried a lift extensively. When I first got my waydoo a couple of weeks ago I took it to my friend with the lift so he could try it out. After riding it for half an hour his only comment was ā€œwhy did I pay $13,000 for this liftā€? So I give the thing high marks. 20 hours and 3-4 weeks in its flawless so far. I did have to put a 1/16ā€ rubber gasket between the front fin and the motor but after that pretty much perfection.