What is the cheapest DIY build that is functional?

i really dont know how many hours i spent for that board i would guess st between 20 and 35 hours.

you are totally right they also have to stay in the competition ^^ but to be honest i would always prefer a DIY product, if something happens you are able to fix it by yourself!

but, something is more likely to happen :smile:

not sure about that, if you work propperly that thing will just break if u hit something and thats bad especially for a 12 k maschine ^^ dont know if this would be a warranty case

I haven’t even got solid pricing from the factory based on order size due to COVID-19. I know they have availability and said that if I put in an order I they can manufacture (winter is quiet for them).
One of the biggest issues is whether the boards would sell better as just the inflatable section where DIY guys build their own box, or whether they would sell better as a complete unit with decent carbon insert.
Completes would obviously be more expensive, but would remove a lot of faff out of the build process and allow users to instead focus on putting together all their chosen components.

That makes a lot of sense. Personally, I would like to see a complete being offered and either a community thread or a how-to doc for building a solid box (or both). Seeing community support or supplier support builds some confidence. If I could provide the components for mast plate down, that would be awesome.

Any news about the board?