What’s your current set up?

Jezza, would you mind posting about that? I think we need a Franken-foil thread in the build/mod area. I’m wanting to make an Axis mast adaptor for Gong as well. Seems like a lot of folks are mixing parts.

1 Like

[quote=“Steamroller, post:18, topic:10741, full:true”]
what about the AngledFoils…do youbstill.use those?

i also remember you made an adapter so you could fit GoFoil wings…i would love to see an adapter for axis to GoFoils :grin:[/quote]
I no longer ride the AngledFoil since going from GF to Axis. The AngledFoil puts the pivot point between your feet instead of your rear foot with the normal mast placement to increase the turn-ability of the wing(s).

I had him make an Axis wing adapter for it…
AngledAxis
…but found that the Axis wing(s) already turned incredibly, so the AngledFoil mast just made them too loose and squirrelly - at least for my rookie ability - so I just ride the straight masts now. :astonished::smiley:

Ron’s still killing it on an AngledFoil with his original Iwa and Maliko tail setup. He rides the GL210 setup with his wingding, but still likes the Iwa in the surf after trying both the GL180 and 210 in it, but thought he lost some maneuverability with both of them.

1 Like

Tried out a signature albatross 175 today. Just went over the footage. It was good but I don’t have it dialed yet. I think once I’m better used to it I’ll be able to push it pretty hard on the turns. I’ll keep on it for a few more sessions.

1 Like

Do you mean the stealth 175? The albatross are 165, 210 and 250.

Prone foiling only

4’2 and 4’6 Freedom Foilboards

Unifoil Hyper 210, 750 Mast, 18" flat stab and LOL 240 stab

MFC Hydros 1400, 1250

Tried Cloud IX, not for me and soon onto Axis

Yeah confusing I know. Old original signature albatross 175.

I found today if you lean on the back foot like you’re on a short board it drives through the turns. I also changed the tail to the twin tip surf tail I liked that way better than the down curve tail.

170#

Prone foiling on an Amundson 4’6" Nubby 36L and currently Lift HA170 with integrated mast and tail wing. Have tried Cloud9, Armstrong, AXIS, and Lift, and now switch between AXIS and the LIFT. AXIS 900 with 370 rear is a one of my favorites surf/pump set ups.

1 Like