Which remote should I buy

Up to day I was using the cheap 20$ remote from ebay. But this should have an end now, so I am looking for a new remote. I know there are some people here in the forum who have developed nice ones. Are any of these availible?
Or should I go for a Maytech and rework it until really waterproof?

Greeting
Toto

Do not do The misstake and buy Vincents remote that i did in The spring just.
I still have not got mine working, if The sender/receiver is broken or What is The reason for The problem I have i do not know. But i really regrett that i spent so much money on something that is not working. I could have bought four maytech remotes instead that is working without any issues in my setup and they are lasting at least one season before they give up and hopfefully longer.

If you are not in hurry and need a remote directly i would wait to see What wushbush testning of some new remotes results in.
Hopfefully it will Come out some good watersealed remote soon that is working well.

135usd… at least 10 units sold according to Ali, no test seen so far…
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002411087376.html

My Erayfoil remote has arrived. I will un-box it soon and I hope to test it in the next week but definitely by the end of the month.

3 Likes

Erayfoil A1 just pics but no test yet.
Looks waterproof but I doubt it floats.

Also some quality issues on screen.

How is the waterproofness? Potting is good?

You get battery voltage or other stats on the remote? Or just throttle %?

All the electronics are sealed in the circled part arrow #1 . I understand now why the screen is so small. You can see in the pictures above that the only part exposed is the antenna. The arrows pointing to 2 and 3 are small magnets that are used with the hall sensor. The weight feels good and solid. Construction of the remote is solid and has a very comfortable feel.

So far looks better than maytech. Did anybody use it,

It is completely sealed. There is no way to actually see the electronics because it is sealed so well!

Tomaz @flytomaz,

Can you add your Erayfoil information to my post.

Ciao io ho questo comando erayfoil per la mia tavola e mi trovo per ora bene a parte quando perdo il segnale in acqua che bisogna ogni volta sbloccarlo con il - per il resto lo trovo buono

I take it the battery is open to the elements,
Just looks like a 18650 with some black goo either end of it to keep water out?.

@Wardy That is correct! Do you have any concerns, improvement opportunities that should/could be made?

Ciao io ho questo comando erayfoil per la mia tavola e mi trovo per ora bene a parte quando perdo il segnale in acqua che bisogna ogni volta sbloccarlo con il - per il resto lo trovo buono
ANSWER:
Hai un’estensione dell’antenna che va al naso della tua tavola?

TRANSLATION FOR THE EFOIL CREW:

Hi I have this erayfoil command for my board and for now I am fine apart from when I lose the signal in the water that you have to unlock it every time with the - for the rest I find it good
Question?:
Do you have an antenna extension that goes to the nose of your board?

I completed my water test with the Erayfoil remote. This remote is ready to use out of the box and is water tight. With the antenna extension I never lost a signal.

I’m sure it will be fine, just seems a little oversight to depend on the cell shrink wrapping for waterproofing.
I’m going to order one, so I might beef up the cell waterproofing for piece of mind.

Can you turn off the auto lock ever time it drops signal or you fall off?.

I have heard that if it loses the connection then you have to turn off the auto lock. The few times I was in the water I didn’t have this issue. The remote stayed connected.