Whimsifoil inflatable wip

Hi everybody,

After more or less good result with my V1(not as waterproof as i wanted to have) :slight_smile:

Just starting to share my journey with an inflatable whimsifoill build and specially my first steps with fusion 360.

1 Like

What we know

and official opening to create the box :

First i can say is it’s hard to create a box with this 480x285 opening :exploding_head:

1 Like

Let’s give a try on this print

Any advice will be welcome :slight_smile:

For my last project: a MALA board I went through a wooden prototype for the right sides and 3D printing for the corners, to be sure and not to waste material.

This allowed me to rectify a lot of mistakes at a lower cost.
I did the same for the top and the hatch: using a wooden template.
For the bottom I made it in 4 mm thick aluminium but 3 would have been enough IMO.

This is to give you an idea of my process.

1 Like

Oui, j’ai déjà bien étudier ton build sur esk8 :wink: plutôt que de me faire un profil comme tu me disais je suis resté ici

2 Likes

Perso moi je reste sur une valise étanche , montée en sandwich entre 2 plaques , reste à définir les support entre le haut et le bas ( tests non concluant avec juste des entretoises )
Les 2 plaques (58x38 de mémoire ) seront en 2 fois cf600 et 3mm loric xf voir une couche de plus pour la fixation du mât
A voir avec ou sans trappe ( montage en 8 visses m6 ou m8 )

J essaye de faire un truc pas trop lourd qui rentre dans un sac …

1 Like

Ok, je viens de voir tes builds, en effet, pas mal la valise (c’est vraiment étanche ?).

J’ai surtout envie de me skiller un peu sur fusion en partant de mon pack de batterie existant.

Je note tes dimensions pour les plaques. Pour la trappe je pense partir sur une ronde visible juste pour appuyer sur le bouton start du pack et avoir accès au connecteur de charge.

Oui c est vraiment étanche et robuste aux chocs en partant sur de la qualité , nanuck, hprc , pelicase…

Sometimes later

Cover

Battery

Assembled with electronics

1 Like

Let’s do the box

5 Likes

Back to the business

Electronics fits the box

1 Like

Box fits the board

3 Likes

Mast is fixed to the board

1 Like

Pump fixed

Last step on the run …

1 Like

project finished still remember first time i saw pacificmaeister videos
Ty all for the journey

2 Likes

Congrats on reaching the finish line! will power and persistence so very inportant