Who's Lift gunning for

Not easy to compare on their site, but seams like a only a couple of kilo difference in the weight. Don’t think a huge difference in building costs either, guess they jus want a product in the cheaper segment.

S glass would be a prefect material for boards, but hard to find and not much cheaper than CF either.

Well, just entered the website, and it is not 9999.- actually with shipping a.s.o. it ends up to be almost 12000.- …so not as cheap in Europe as the make us believe in their teaser…Better get a used fliteboard or 2 new waydoos :sweat_smile:

So the rumour I heard was true. Still seems a weird one to me. This is like BMW replacing metal parts with plastic to get the $100k luxury sedan down to $89k. It’s still a luxury priced item, but now reduced quality that brings down the brand’s image. BMW doesn’t attempt to compete with Hyundai, as it’s carved out a market segment for those who care about quality (and image) and are willing to pay for it. Kinda bizarre that Lift feels it’s good marketing to go head to head with Waydoo etc. Even moreso that it’s a marketing splash announcement: “Big News everyone, we are cheaping out!” :wink:

1 Like

Where’s the true innovation?
The only thing Lift is innovating is their marketing… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
So they’re selling a slightly cheaper board made from fiberglass. Great! Instead of 14k € the price tag comes down to 11,5k. Maybe this deal is attracting more customers now, but i fully agree with @juandesooka. Why cheaping out when they are the premium brand?

The best thing about the new Deal is though, the difference the price reduction comes from is actually using a smaller battery. As seen on their website the “new” smaller battery is half the capacity of their normal one and sells for 2500€ instead of 4200€ for the normal one.
So you get half the riding time, i.e. half the fun for 15% price reduction! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I am only wingfoiling but I don’t get the price of efoils.
How much are the components?
There doesn’t seem much to it. A small foil, some mechanical components as in propeller and Motor. Controller+remote and a battery pack.

Part of the reason I build foils myself is that I am not spending 700€+ on a wing that I can build for under 100€.
And no way I would pay 1000€+ for a board.

How much is the complete efoil if you diy it completely (board, foil, electronics)?

I would say the answer is definitely under €2,000.

One of the most economic boards I have seen on this forum was done by these two crazy guys:
@superlefax @kotnascher

1 Like

Yes disappointing, but new lighter battery is good news. Knocks off 6 lbs. They need to make it an option for Lift3 (carbon) along with the folding prop. Been hoping for the new battery now I can’t get it? Not going to buy FG model as can’t get longer mast and faster foils. Like someone else said it’s also not really clear how much weight you save with carbon model. With the larger battery it’s only $1500 savings on fiberglass model. Had myself talked into this but this release just confuses me and not so sure anymore.

The foil drive DIY parts are around $1000cdn. A full size efoil seems likely to be double or more, especially the larger battery. A big part of the $10k+ price tag is the foil and board…if you have those already, would cut possibly half off the retail just that.