Why not use duty cicle (rpm) control on efoils?

Can someone explain why current (torque) control is more suitable for an eFoil than controlling duty cycle? Wouldn’t a duty cycle, and thus RPM control, be smoother in the transition from water to takeoff and also allow better speed control while foiling?

It is a matter of preference some people prefer duty cycle other prefer current control. Ccurrent is „equal“ to thrust, therefore you control thrust with current control. I find it more direct.

1 Like

I think during take Off you may have Same behavior compared to current Control. Once fighting to get flying there might be Lots of slippage due to drag. If you Go flying you will immediately gain Speed. Just my thoughts…
The only disadvantage to current i See is, that If you have Set large Motor currents there IS Low Resolution in your range for actual driving. In my Case i have Set Motor current to 210a; i would need to tune the throttle Curve to increase resolution in the area Like 70-130a

Still, Better go current, its the best Control Mode. Dont let duty-bots fool you
#currentcontrolrebel

2 Likes