Wooden E Foil Build From Germany

I use akushaper to plan my boards

1 Like

Schickes Board , nehme auch eins :smiley:
Gruss aus Köln
Frank

Please let me know if it is possible the wings be made of wood?

Clearwater foils used to make the wings from wood.

Are there models of tested wings floating around? I tried searching the other day and I found a few pictures of DIY wings but that was it.

I was mostly curious about available 3D models so I can print and fiberglass different wings to see how they perform vs the one I purchased. I could make a model myself, but I have very little experience with wing design.

Everything? I have practically nothing to build off of. I’ve really only seen two odd metrics recommended on this forum:
-High aspect ratio
-Flat bottomed wing

Beyond that I can glean a number of other odd attributes from kitfoiling wing descriptions, such as:
-Surface area
-Rough shape (curved front edge when looming at the top, concave front profile)

I do know that the default angle of attack will be important, but I have no idea where to start from. I could maybe hazard an estimare from my current foil.

I really don’t know what I don’t know, so it’s really hard to ask for specifics, or even just search for relevant threads. But the best scenario would be a link to a tested design with a 3D model so I’d have a starting point where I could adjust certain parameters and see the changes myself.

Hi,
You said that wood laminate bands easily. What is your opinion about using multi-layer epoxy resin coating for wood to improve its strength?

Hi, I’m not a wood expert, I only specialize in hydrodynamics and aerodynamics (I do research, development, measurement, 3D CAD modeling and prototyping), yet here’s what I think: Applying a multi-layer epoxy resin coating to wood will do very little, almost negligible, to improve its strength.

I said above that it will depend a lot (to make the wooden wing bend as little as possible) if you know how to work with wood, what technology you use and what shape of wing you choose.

Unless you are a woodworker (joiner, cabinetmaker, …), it will be better to make the wing out of fiberglass or carbon laminate.

Just for the record, in the first post of this thread, you can see in the photos that a wood expert can easily make a wooden plank (and a very beautiful one at that) but prefers to make the wing out of carbon fibre laminate.

So guys i starting my new board with flipsky motor and mgm controller pictures coming soon i must build a waterprof battery hatch an when this is going wright i start to build my board have somewere a flying rodeo prop for the flipsky motor to sell i searching for one best regards sebastian

I musst wait a little bit to much tension in the wood because the big Radius in the lower deck

Today the complete Buttom finished with rips

8 Likes

Would you mind please to share the project of the board?
I would be very grateful!

Here is the rips and stinger you musst go the last Rip from file letzte rippe

1 Like

5 Likes

Thank you very much. You’re very kind

Nice project I saw you started with jet and ended up using propeller setup, did you have any succesefull tests with jet system ?

No i only drive a little bit with this system ca 12-15 kmh but its not enough i think with a 65mm jet system i have made first you have enough power to foil i try it on 6s and test it in the Hand on water it was much power

I want to try with 13S 56112 780kv also if it’s possible can you please share your 3d print files with plastic connection not with aluminium tube. Thanks.

9 Likes