Zero Tow? Anybody?

A Go Joe was in my initial concept sketch. There is still one hanging up in the old kite/coffee shop in Raglan.

1 Like

Any updates, deliveries?? I figured I’d have seen some sweet videos by now unless you have to sign an NDA… haha.

2 Likes

Hey Jesse, first few Boogies have arrived with customers a few days ago - a few in NZ, Australia and to Florida. Feedback so far has been great.

No NDAs or anything, a few videos/ reviews will be online soon. A couple of demo units are doing the rounds.

Production and assembly is going well. Bottle neck at the moment is getting the remotes which have been held up with Chinese new year, but that should be under control in the next couple of weeks.

Also have batteries arriving in USA, Hawaii and Europe in the next couple of weeks which means I can ship internationally now.

10 Likes

madness!!! I need one in Bordeaux/France!!!

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to see some reviews and videos!!

Oh my god, I just realized it’s a tow boogie. Before this, I thought it was a transport case.

2 Likes

You’re not the first that has thought that when they see it - they are like “cool carry case, does the boogie go inside it”

1 Like
9 Likes

Great review by Oskar, looking forward to getting a few more videos showing all the features like the Follow and Summon modes.

2 Likes

Is that a customised manta remote? Unit looks amazing! Congrats again.

1 Like

Thanks Jezza. Good spotting - yes it’s one of the Manta remotes that’s been modified and running a few thousand lines of custom code! It’s a great remote with so many features - SD card logging, GPS, bright screen, accelerometer etc etc.

4 Likes

Congratulations! That’s a huge accomplishment!

1 Like

Hey Mark. Based in Hong Kong and wondering if you could connect me with a distributor for Zerotow down here in the region. We operate cable parks and waterski competitions. Thanks!

Hi Mikey, I replied to your Instagram message just now. At the moment we are only selling direct as we ramp up production.

Cheers.

Mark

Looks like your propeller is from the Mantafoil Volt4 too. Does it fit asis on a FS65161 motor ?

It does fit a standard 65161, and works fine, but it is not optimal.

As standard the rotational and thrust load is taken by the pin which could lead to premature prop hub failure.

I got the motor shaft modified so that the rotation is taken by the pin, and the thrust taken by the step in the shaft.

A diy compromise is to add a small aluminium collar on the shaft made from some 12mm aluminium tube.

2 Likes

I am curious to how far the range is? Say you leave the boogie outside and don’t let it follow you, how close do you have to be to get it to link back to the remote?

The range is really dependent on conditions, mainly the state of the water.

The other night I was doing range tests on the beach and could get a little over 800m away with two way communication. But in practice, depending on the sea conditions around 200m works well. Any more than that and you can’t see it anyway.

The range seems to do with how vertical the Boogie antenna is, the data protocol and speed that you send that data.

There’s a few other tricks that you can do as well to help get the Boogie back when it’s on the at the range limit, those will be some future software update.

7 Likes