75v & 300a vesc (vesc75/300)

Any one have an input on the vesc wand , i plan on reconfiguring it into a a water proof housing? seems like a remote that will stay relevant to the 75/300

@Trampa could you clarify how to increase the max ERPMs on a 75/300 connected to a Flipsky 65161? Even though the vesc-tool is set for Max ERPM of 100,000, the motor will only go up to 13,000 (according to vesc-tool real-time data), where the Flipsky motor is rated for 16k+ RPMs. What setting am I missing?

Thanks -

erpm = rpm x nb pair poles
Rpm = motor kv x voltage batt x % duty

So you need to check if you read rpm or erpm and if it is rpm the correct number pair poles apply needs to be check

If you log only 13k Erpm ( on load or off load ? ) on 12s than yes there is a problem : check if you got 95% duty

Edit: for exemple if your motor is a 100kv and you run a fully charged batt 12s 50,8v
You should read :
100 x 50,8 x 0.95 x 3 ( nb pair pole ) = 14364 erpm off load

On load should be around 75-85%

2 Likes

Is anyone using a separate receiver battery or separate ubec with the vesc 75/300 or is the consensus to just use the supplied 5v from the vesc. Any issues with using a separate ubec?

For a receiver you have to use the 5V from the VESC. Otherwise you would create a GND Loop.

1 Like

Has anyone had any issues, or can possibly explain why, a Flipsky 65161 motor would randomly change directions using the Trampa 75/300 and Maytech V2 remote? Meaning every trigger pull potentially has a new direction (intermittent). I assume itā€™s something simple or user error, but cannot find anything on intermittent direction changes in support forums.

My guess is a setting in Trampa VESC (but Iā€™ve seen these exact settings work fine before), a short, or an issue with the motor. Any wisdom is appreciatedā€¦

This can also occur when one of your phase wires is having a bad / no connection. To rule the remote out ( one of the remote options / vesc settings is to have combined brake/reverse ) try to apply throttle with the vesc tool and observe the direction, should be consistent in the same direction.

One could also try to apply the brake and feel the brake torque ripple when turning the prop manually ( when one of the phases is bad there is a larger ripple, when they are ok there is low ripple ). To give extra insight one could also look at the phase currents in the vesc tool, all phases should look the same in amplitude.

1 Like

Is there anything that would keep it from going into hibernation mode, if the remote is off (other than turning the motor)? I left the VESC on overnight and woke up to very hot mosfets. It seems something kept it active overnight.

The 75/300 only hibernates when you switch it off. It would not hibernate because of a remote shutdown.
The Mosfets can only get warm if there is a load (driving something), or if you apply constant over voltage.

I thought it went into a sleep mode after 30 minutes (or whatever you set it at). off_after_30mā€¦ That has to be triggered by the switch?

That is a VESC 6 feature.

So the sleep mode feature is available in the $200 VESC but not the $550 VESC?

Can we add it to the list?

Also any updates on the kill switch code referenced earlier in this thread?

Thanks

Iā€™ve disconnected everything other than the power switch and 1 battery lead. When I turn it on, the mosfet temps start rising dramatically. They jump to 70C right away and start rising by 1 degree per second, so I turn it off. The voltage from the battery is stable at 56V.

No load and no over voltage. I donā€™t think itā€™s a setting, since it was working great yesterday.

Suggestions or thoughts?

If it gets warm, there is something not right with the hardware. Does it get warm when you have the battery connected, but the switch is in off position? How did you connect the battery to the 75/300? Wiring, connectors used etc.

No, it only gets warm when the switch is in the on position.

The connections to the battery are via XT90 connectors using 8 gauge wire. The VESC box is connected to the battery box physically and there is about 100mm of cable between them.

do you use XT90 or XT90S?

XT90-S purchased from Amazon.

There is the same situation this morning. When I turn it on, the temperature jumps immediately to 40C and starts climbing rapidly.

Sounds like it gets a signal and flows current through the Mosfets.

Will the trampa 75/300 run on 3s 11v?

It looks to be the only controller that i could use to produce 2kw at 12v (i canā€™t go more than 12v)
This is the only VESC that has a minimum voltage stated at 14v, but i wondered if this was just due to having a 12v regulator on board, and if i could run it on 12v, and either disconnect the 12v BEC or the BEC not work?

Any thoughts?

It has a 12V regulator and that wants 12V or more on the input. Also take some voltage sag into account.