80100 direct cooling

When I was a kid, I had a boat very similar to that and planed no problem with 6HP and two 12 year old kids in it. It was a blast on glassy calm water and uh, sort of freaky as the waves picked up.

Hi Mat and Foiledagain,

Yours propeller design look amazing, I have broken two other propeller now and I am looking after a propeller design with thicker blades. Will you share your design with me?

Fusion doesn’t let us share anymore… :frowning:

below you can download the fusion 360 archives, i uploaded both the simple one and the modified one to fit the 80100.

good luck!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I very much enjoy reading and learning lots from your posts (new to all of this). I have just ordered a flier boat 22s 400a esc (the red brick) for a kayak motor project but couldn’t find anywhere the out diameter of the esc cooling ports.Maybe some of you have the “brick” and can help me with the diam? Thanks

These are 5mm in diameter x 15mm long, 4x6 vinyl/silicone hose creates a good seal.

Great build log guys. Im looking to start my first build and decided to use the 80100 motor so Im scouring all the relevent threads. This ones a BEAST! I’m particularly interested with the propellers Foiledagain and Mat made and the data you got. Im looking to cast a folding propeller in bronze and was wondering if it would be ok to use one of your models to modify and cast? If so, could you tell me which one you think would be a good candidate for such a project?
You can check out the thread if you’re interested.
https://foil.zone/t/community-designed-produced-folding-propellor/16532
Mani

If you plan to use an outrunner, most people that started with a 80100, moved to a 63100. I also use a modified 63100 for almost 2 years, it works really well so far.

Thanks for the tip @sat_be.

I just tried a 63100, can’t get the same torque as the 80100 which was foolproof, it would drive almost any propeller. I can barely get up with the 1200cm2/smaller RL boards foil but my prop is too high pitch…

I’m printing some new props due to this so with small board, heavy rider and fast wing the 80100 might still have it’s place. What are your best working 63100 props?

Volkers 2 blade: 6384 3d printed propeller - #2 by leachim
and Flite.
I mostly used the flite prop because it is more durable than a printed one. Needs a shaft and an adapter though, whereas the printed one can be directly attached to the Rotor with 4 screws.
Daniels (un)geared inflatable (slowly built) - #55 by sat_be

2 Likes

you know what you need? one in bronze! :grin:

This was my concern, I’m going to be messing around with torque tubes or belt drives for my build so id rather have too much than not enough at this stage.

It also depends on the KV value, my 63100 has kv135.

@manif: Please note that i have a bit of a tough setup: board is 145cm/80L, no streamlined shape. total weight 130kg, wing 1200cm2. It’s natural that 63100 doesn’t create as much torque as the 80100, I think it will be enough when i get a more suited propeller. Now it doesn’t run efficiently, probably because the 63100 saturates earlier than the 80100, i can’t run the same prop. Testing tomorrow with smaller prop. I can upload it if it’s an OK propeller.

That would be great thanks

So i went out with the 63100 this evening, with the new prop i could easily get up so this motor should have enough torque for most tasks. I had a lot of cavitation issues but the prop was also straight from the 3d-printer😀

The chinese spec info was incorrect as always, i measured the motor and kV was 125, not 140 and inductance and phase resistance was also incorrect. I shouldn’t even have looked on the site before programming my controller…

1 Like

I tried Volkers two blade today, that’s a good option for a 63100 - it was better than my prop so i won’t upload.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. So far it seems like an iteration of volkers 2 blade is the leading candidate for ‘1st bronze foldable prototype’ unless anyone else comes up with a better alternative.

1 Like

I know it is an old post :smile: but why using the gel coat after epoxy? Epoxy is not enough?
If gel coat is better for corrosion can we use only gel coat?

Gelcoat does not work well with epoxy as they are chemically incompatible and the gelcoat will not stick properly.