Another build from Finland (inflatable)

Thanks Nicolaje!

Xapape already posted the link to the board supplier.

My CAD skills are rather limited and the way I built the box is very labor-intensive. I can upload the stl-files if you really want them but I would make my next box in a different (easier) way.

My board is currently at our lake house so I can’t take any pictures or videos. I’m going to build separate boxes for the battery and ESC later but for now, I’ve used plastic bags as additional protection against moisture.

I close the hatch simply with two M8 thumb nuts.

I weighed my board today:

• inflatable board, 5.5 kg
  • wings + fuselage, 2.1 kg
  • mast + motor + prop + duct + box + esc, 10.9 kg

Total without battery, 18.5 kg
Battery, 9.8 kg

1 Like

HI!
Very nice build. How is it riding now? Any new videos?
I am planning on building something similar.
How is the inflatable board? Is it comparable to the other boards or is the ride a bit rough?
Also, do you have the stl files for the middle pieces?

Thanks!

Thanks!
I only had a chance to test it a few times before I had to get back to work (away from the lake). So, not much experience yet. I haven’t tried other boards and thus can’t make any comparison. My board felt quite stable and easy to ride. What makes you think it would be rougher than other boards? Because it’s larger?

Sure, I have the stl files for the mould pieces. But as I’ve explained before I’m not proud of my CAD skills and the way I made the box was very time consuming. I’d choose an easier method next time.

This is a simple solution to give your batteries extra protection. What is the black goo that you’ve used to seal the ends around the cables?

That is sealant tape, typically used for vacuum bagging.

1 Like

It’s butyl seal tape, can be bought also over the counter in many building supply stores.

1 Like

How have you found the battery? Is it a good size to weight ratio? Link for battery?

Also if you are willing to Share CAD for center it would be a good reference for starting. I appreciate it if you do.

Aloha from Hawaii

Which brand in China that you purchased the battery???
Could you send me the link, please? Really appreciate.
I now am using the 10A charger which is quite annoying since it requires such a long time for fully charging the battery after one use. Thanks

I have very little experience of the battery since I used it only a few times last summer. It is a custom built 14S 14P configuration and I ordered it here: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

I don’t want to be rude but I’d rather not share the CAD files. I’m not very good with Fusion 360 and my design is not good enough to be published. Instead of having a single file of the whole frame, I have 6 separate files of the parts (16 parts need to be printed).

I understand. Can you post some basic dimensions of the hole and the insert? I would like to know what size worked for your hole and what kind of different the hole and insert have.

The box is about the same size as the opening of the board (when inflated). The box edge is overlapping 42 mm on top and 55 mm on the bottom side. At first, it seemed impossible to get the box through the hole. After cutting the front compartment open it became fairly easy, though. I had to add two 6 mm bolts to prevent the top and bottom sides from separating when inflating the board (see the nut inserts in the picture)

https://foil.zone/uploads/default/original/2X/9/936556d4dffabf6cedab7f2832f057544fb3dd8e.jpeg

1 Like

Thanks! This is really helpful. I will add my CAD when I have built my board. Just ordered an inflatable from Elevate.rocks, hope to get building soon.