Anyone used a Gong wing with a slingshot mast?

SS has 50,7mm displacement of the 2 M8 screws

1 Like

Hi,

That’s exactly the sort of thing I need! Thanks unfortunately I do not have a caliper to measure the mast

The problem is to get that machined as a one off you’ll most likely pay more than £50. Therefore the mast will be cheaper…

Problem is my mast and motor pod was purchased as a complete unit so I don’t really want to start separating it all or replacing and drilling a new mast. So the adapter would be good or I could get second fuselage from gong and modify that itnstead.

Or, I could just attempt to use my slingshot hover glide kite wing but i suspect it is too smsll

The kite wing won’t be too small, it will just be faster and a little harder.

I also understand your reluctance to take it apart. I have both gong and slingshot so can draw up a unit for you when I get free time.

Thanks Jez, much appreciated. My build is progressing. Just about to water test my hatch for leaks. If it all goes well I will be ordering electrics in the next few weeks including an ARC200.

Will post a build log shortly and I’ll pm you some pics of the hatch etc.

While I was looking at this, I realised its a lot more complex as the adaptor needs to go into the gong fuselage and not just sit on top.
I think you need to post a picture of the bottom of you existing mast as well.

Not sure about that as the 2 chords can be different and what is inside the fuselage can be roughly filed down …

I know the bottom of @RamsUK mast was previously adapted for a Moses fuselage. So I would like to see the bottom of it to see if it could be adapted to directly fit the Gong fuselage and not need an adaptor at all.

In fact looking at my two masts, I would say the best option would be to drill the gong fuselage so that the slingshot mast can slot into it and then be screwed in. You may need to sand the slingshot mast a touch on the sides, but it wouldnt be much!

Gong max width: 14.7mm
Slingshot max width: 15.2mm

6cb8894a80595bde5116fb02ba36a7121011dd7d_2_666x500

I found a picture of your mast you sent me ages ago…
I definitely think you best option would be to tale 0.25mm off each side of you mast (if it doesn’t already fit) and slip it into the slot on your gong fuselage. Then you just need to make drill 8mm holes in the fuselage to attach.

Thanks looks good! Best is to try it like this, yes:+1:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help and Jez thanks for finding the pic. I think I will do initial testing with Slingshot kite wing and depending on how that goes buy a second gong fuselage to drill and sand down the mast to fit

Hi all,
I have to build the same kind of interface between chinese carbon mast and Gong fuselage.
Mast has 2 screws and is wider than Gong mast.
Any help?

Beware you have to order the surf fuselage only compatible with the surf front wing range (M, L, XL, …) as kite fuse isn’t.

This one instead you’re right
FUSELAGE-ALL-TO-HELLVATOR-SUP-SURF-1-1-1500-V2-500x350

Hi, i also got the gong foil with mast.
Has anyone the profile in a format i can use directly in fusion?
Thanks.

Hi please could you send dxf gong mast profile
Xtractif@aol.com thanks

@SoEFoil thank you for the measurements. Do you by any chance know what the naca profile is for the gong allvator mast? I’m trying to model it, and I’ve tried 0010, 0012 but they don’t seem to play well with the image from the gong website. I’ll share the step file if anyone can point me to the correct profile.

I’m not sure it has been identified.
Most (all) people work with the wireframe worked out from a picture of the mast section (see reminder below):
@Manufoil extracted his dxf:
'Anyone used a Gong wing with a slingshot mast? - #9 by Manufoil

see @nice2cu here below , or @Manu who has designed a GONG mast clamp and released the STL:
'Database for mast & plate - #6 by nice2cu

As a reminder from here

1 Like

@SoEFoil Thank you for the reply, I went ahead and modeled it from the image on Gong’s website. Was hoping for better accuracy, but ill probably make them once I receive my mast. If anyone wants the mast profile I made just shout.