Pacificmeister Build Info and CAD Sources

Thank you Manu;) I will warm my 3d printer;)

@sunrise305

on the @pacificmeister model only the mast clamp is glued to the epoxy, the seal mount is sleeved and fixed with small screws all sealed thanks to the two joints… post 427…

for the model of @Yinnon_Haviv the mast clamp and the seal mount are not glued and are sealed thanks to the joints and maintained by small screws.

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure if you were kidding or serious so want to confirm. Are you saying you fill grease in both areas #1 and #2? I know it goes in area #1. Thank you!

conv

Yes we filld the entire compartmemt on those drive uinits. But i dont know if it realy works well.

1 Like

Manu I am writting just to remind you, if you can send me the mast clamp. Thank you very much

1 Like

The link of the STL for the GONG Allvator Mast Clamp
https://www.thingiverse.com/carvalhoemmanuel/designs

3 Likes

Manu thank you very much😀

1 Like

I got the o-rings and am trying to trison the tight junction tube and mast clamp …

Hi,

Thanks for providing so much information about your project.

The only thing missing here is a Electric Diagram will all the components that you have used and the way you have connected it. Could you provide such diagram?

Best Regards,

João Rebelo

Done, here it is. I also updated the first post.

6 Likes

What value shunt have you used inline to your batteries

It’s a 100A/75mV shunt that came with the amp/volt meter: Amazon.com. I added it to my material list.

1 Like

Just to let you known , apparently @Gobbla used this kind of thing with shunt and it was off by x1.6 , prefer a hall effect one with adjustage screw and double Check the value with this:
https://www.amazon.fr/UNI-T-UT210E-mètres-Testeur-Capacitance/dp/B00O1Q2HOQ/ref=asc_df_B00O1Q2HOQ/?tag=googshopfr-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=51038388126&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14374052407015617376&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006094&hvtargid=pla-276332453915&psc=1

Pink arrow : measure with shunt
Yellow arrow : measure with hall sensor
Green arrow : Mesure with metrix mx 655

1 Like

@Yinnon_Haviv did you get any further with testing your PG gland cable entry into the mast clamp? I’m keen to do similar and hear your result.

Nope, I didn’t get back to this. sorry.

I printed the mat flange with the cable glands and made a test of waterproofness but in static … no leak … I silicone mounting screw threads of the glands.

@pacificmeister

First of all - thanks for posting these amazing resources!

I am attempting a build based on your design and at the moment there is a long delivery time (12 weeks!) for the Neugart PL40 5:1 drive. However, 8:1 are available. What are your thoughts on using this ratio instead? I will be using a SSS 56104 500 Kv motor and a VESC 6.

Could the pitch of the prop be adjusted to compensate? Or should I simply wait for the 5:1 gearbox?

Also, it would be interesting to hear if anyone has sucessfully used any of the Chinese copies of the Neugart gearbox.

Hello ,
Do you think that the VESC6 can resist the amperage asked to get out of the water …?

It is a VESC 6.4. Do you think it is too small?
It is rated 80A continous 120A burst.
At 12s the power would be about 50v x 120A = 6Kw burst and 4K2 continous.
I have not been able to find out how long “burst” could be sustained, but I guess cooling is an important factor. Do you have any figures?

What are your expericences with the VESC? Would you select a Seaking 130A-HV V3 ESC instead?