Assist / Light build from France [maytech kit]

Yes, the weakest point of the system is the phase wires that came on the 6384 from Aliexpress. The silicon is 3g2.5.

1 Like

Do you intend to replace the motor wires?

Hopefully not, as the wires were barely fitting in the mount I made of printed core and GF layup.
Use case is not full e-foil for this one, maytech motor I used so far has 12awg wires. Ali one IS more like 14awg, and the silicone wire 2.5^2 is like 13awg.

1 Like

Received other goodies (scored cheap second hand) while I wait for the takoon boat!!
1450cm2 for beginer assist surf foil, and small stab (s400) to experiment with.

The 1450 needs some repairs/custom insert to the holes, hence cheap price.

1 Like

How do you make the waterproof junction between your cables? My Maytech kit was supposed to come with 1m cables, but it ended up being 30cm, so I’m going to have to extend them underwater!

My maytech had long cables, with battery on the back of the board I could use them without additional connexion.
The Ali 6384 had short cables, and very thin.

Adam

Finally some good results with asa, with asa-kevlar
Issues were with the firmware, and the speed to high.

2 Likes

Wow, great finish! Is it very strong? I’ve not used ASA (I think I would need to build an enclosure for my Ender 3 to use it)

Repaired my old tevo BW, by swiching Analog inputs that were burned off to other ports.
I installed it at home in hopes I can get some prints done, machines at work are quite busy.
It is an old machine, not sure it is worth my time, especially I would have to build and enclosure for it.
I ordered a adventurer 5M pro for work, with ali discounts it was only 450 € incl VAT :open_mouth:

Pet-CF

6 Likes

Clean finish! Which printer?

This is my second printer from Bambu Lab - P1S, it prints no worse than the more expensive X1C model.

I’ve been looking at that exact printer, my sidewinder x1 has started to act up and throw errors in the middle of prints. Thermal runaway on bed, extruder issues, worn out linear nuts etc👎
Would you recommend the p1s?

I have 2 p1s and one x1c with ams, i can tell you that all of them perfom in the best way you could imagine… no problems with bad levelling or bad nozzle (i had a lot of creality printers in the past and they were awfull after like 1 year). You should go with p1s if you dont need big shiney display or capability to print carbon…

I have CR10 for 7 years and no issues.

P1S perfectly prints with such types of carbon filament as: Petg-cf, Pla-cf, Pa-cf, Pet-cf. You just need to install a hardened steel nozzle and preferably change the extruder gears. I definitely recommend purchasing this printer.

3 Likes

Received the flashforge 5m pro for work, very nice machine.
Ready to print in 10 minutes. 15 minute benchy was super clean.
Abs prints flawlessly, with very little warping.
22h print turns into 4h print :o:

Also received mks 84100hp. No issues like 60100hp current mesurement.
Holds 165A phase for 30 seconds.

Wow - great prints - what layer height?

Layer height 0.15 mm.

1 Like

I should be able to survive next sessions :rofl:

Very happy about the flashforge 5m pro.

Still not tested blades on it, those come from flashforge 4M or black widow.

I will print a spare hub on the 5m in asa-kevlar tomorow
Still no foil, selling the slingshot so early was a mistake :grimacing:

3 Likes