Battery Search For Efoil Build

I made different simulation and battery holder prototype and finally decide to go to 2 x 6S8P with max300. I will share soon on a dedicated thread my build of my « diy foil assist »
Thanks @aemkei77 for help !
(No BMS yet and not sur to use it because of super reliable trusted RC charger of my Rc planes and drones)

retrying

but your solution looks very giod,maybe you have also room for your bigger VESC

Nice ! Thanks for sharing - it’s more clear how you organize your pack 12s6p.

Unfortunately my 75350 is huge - yes it fit inside without water cooling but not ideal and super super heavy but yes with more than 300A continuous I am confident and safe :crazy_face::hear_no_evil:

Unfortunately my 2nd spot welder fresh new burn after 4 spot lol :crazy_face: pure crap. (This item was discontinued - Temu)
I decided to invest more this time with a more serious unit base on the fact that I make more and more Lu-ion with the year for my RC planes and RC car. An investment. I ordered this one able to welder 0.3 nickel strip. I choose 0.2 this time.

Seesii Soudeur par Points, Soudeuse par Points pour Batteries avec Condensateur Farad 3000F Ajustable 120 Vitesses Supporte Bandes de Nickel 0,1-0,3mm Amazon.fr

Will see if going from 60€ BIFRC DH20 (battery dead and nearly exploded inside alu box) to 25€ gy509 d99 Temu to 150€ seesii SEE-06 worth it…

Hi Martin @aemkei77. I received a smaller vesc Makerbase 7500 Alu and wondering if you can share your VESC-Tools version and firmware you use please ? thanks !

I am on 6.0, Firmware and Tool (both windows and android (mobile on the phone, full on the tablet)), works flawlessly

great. Is it the Makerbase version from https://github.com/makerbase-mks/VESC-MKS/tree/main/Firmware/VESC or from official github Release 6.00 · vedderb/bldc · GitHub ? thanks for help.

I don’t know , Can’t remember if I updated or it came like that

1 Like

I’m searching for the best prebuilt battery setup for a new foil build (my first one). I expect I will eventually make my own LIon battery pack but for now just want one premade. This supplier on alibaba is using 18650’s and can apparently reach some pretty high voltages and capacities. They spec the continuous output current to be 50Amps or less but people on this forum use 18650’s and hit currents much higher than that. Is there something about the battery construction other than the cell type that would limit the allowable current? Am I missing something or could this be a good option for battery?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/12-v-24v-36v-48v-60v_1600633689609.html?spm=a27aq.27054216.3515083000.34.68531805jnm2rG

did you ever follow through with that pack? if so how did it go?

Theres a few of us using these: 36v 2kWh Robot Battery LG 21700 Li-ion Cells – Jag35

stinkwhistle have you used this pack yet and in its 10s configuration? Curious how its working out. I bought 3 of those packs thinking I would make 2 12s packs but am going to try first as 10s.

@windego Not yet. Still waiting on my motor/esc. Apparently I ordered the day before chinese new year. Its supposed to be shipped out today or tomorrow. I think @Foilguy has a few runs on his.

1 Like

Interesting, never looked at 36v. 2 in series would be dangerously high. Do you have issues getting enough power on 36v?

See this thread where this 36V pack has been discussed a bit. I have one too but haven’t modified or used it yet.
2nd post @Foilguy describes how he’s used the pack successfully a few times.

The pack discussed is 110 - 21700 cells in a 10S11P configuration.

You would never get two of these BIG packs on a board so don’t understand your comment about having two of them in series.

Like most Liion cells the V range from 2.5 to 4.2 so 36V is the nominal 10S pack value that you don’t start out with.

I ran mine starting at 41V and it worked for
me on my rig.

Good point, it is already 2kwh. appreciate it.

At what point does it turn into a boat :thinking: