Bluemind Waterproof Intelligent Remote Controller

If it had external antenna (UFL plug, I think :thinking:) then I would order it. Unless you can give some measure of how strong the internal antenna is? It would need to pass through aluminum enclosure and carbon hatch + some water.

Are the ± buttons used when not in cruise ? Similar to Flite remote. You can set to 10% for people learning?

@crutch
At the beginning remote control and receiver were designed for hydrofoils and paddleboard.
We will make a receiver with an external antenna as soon as possible.

The ± buttons are note used when not in cruise.

@qdbluemind what kind of settings does the remote show when you press + & - together? Values for BN, PP, ST and TC?

How do you switch between cruise and manual?

Please provide a pdf manual for operating instructions. I do have a BT connection between RX and TX but no throttle response on the screen of de remote (showing 0%) or PWM signal at the RX side.

Any photos inside the remote, to show waterproofing and battery?
I would want it to have an antenna extension.

I have sent to your email.

@Jatem
The pcb, battery and screen are all sealed.

Nothing received, please reply here or send a message.

received

When would the version with external antenna be ready? I would buy it right away with the external antenna.

This remote needs an update, in the current version it is not usable in an efoil application. The update frequency of the throttle and data signal is about 2 times per second. So there is a lot of delay in the response, not smooth at all.

I will upload a video showing this behaviour tonight.

1 Like

Manual download [Link] (Bluemind Waterproof Remote Control-20220507.pdf - Google Drive)

My test video showing the 2Hz update frequency :neutral_face:

(Don’t mind the breadboard stuff, it is just there to supply +5V and connect a standard PWM servo.)

I’m in communition with the Alibaba seller about a proper solution for this product but I don’t think it supports OTA updates :rofl: He does mention that the update frequency should be 10Hz, but no proof yet. That could work for our application.
Will keep you guys updated.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know!

10Hz should be OK, in my remote I transmit the throttle value every 50ms, so @20Hz which I think is ideal for our application. To further increase motor response, ramping time can be tweaked as well.

Yes connected to my motor its does exactly what your servo does, a very steppy speed transition. My connection is through the Uart port and not PWM.

Also could not get mine to read the values from the VESC to display on the screen, so only thing that gives a value is speed and throttle %

1 Like

Sorry to hear that we have the same problem… The supplier still claims that an update should give a 10Hz update frequency. But no info or video to confirm this.

Second order filtering is added to signal processing. I will make a video to show the difference between adding filtering and not adding filtering. The signal transmission frequency is 10 Hz

Please show the results of the new firmware in a video. I’m would like to see! :sunglasses:

What do we see? Nothing moving in de vid…

遥控器测试快速按_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

遥控器测试快速慢速_哔哩哔哩_bilibili