Bosch batteries pack

Hi,
Anyone tried making a battery pack with bosh or other brand batteries?
The battery below should be a 5s2p. 8 of them should already make a good pack for only 500euro

https://www.galaxus.ch/fr/s4/product/bosch-professional-gba-professional-18-v-batterie-outillage-chargeur-5992162?tagIds=18-929

The shell of a greater protection and the batterie will be easy to charge… in the other hand it will be heavy… and the output courant will be limited to 120a

I never found battery pack like a 6s10p (18650 or 21700 cells) on the market.

There have been a few builds using batteries like this, thread from last year:

I think with this approach you need to determine if there is any BMS or other protection built into the pack and how that might behave. Also if you can find out exactly the cells in the pack that can be helpful too.

120a at 36V (assuming that is what you would try) gives you 4.3kW. That is probably enough for most efoils

1 Like

Thank you i was looking for a similar post without succes.
The bosch batterie (i need double check) has samsung cells 2500mah with 30a discharge and the bms is limited to 30a ( that why i need 3-4 packs)
But i will check your posts with the lidl battery…
Thank you

The output limited to 120A…is this a problem in efoil (i have no idea really)?
Are there efoils that pull more than 120A battery amps?

hard to say… Depending on your setup…
The max amp of a 6384 is 95A…But I am not that the batterie needs to provide the same amp…
a 6s setup need to provide twice the amp as 12s setup…

What is relly interesting is that those batteries where sold mid August 39€ each for the third consecutive time in physical shops.
So for 156€, you have a pack of brand new fourty 21700 4000maH cells (156/40 = 3.9€e ) able to reach 80A to 100A easily for a short duration.
Molicel for 40 units is 3.95€ at Nkon.nl

Pict of damaged cell by @nicolasLGM

I am living close to a lidl… :smiley: