BREmote - Future Development Topic

It is also handy if it is easily replaceable in the field, should it break.

I like this @Toto44 version…the “grip and dial” is a good direction!!
K

Yes, I took some inspiration from other designs on the market, the grip is inspired by your design as well as the Milwaukee cutoff saw.

Both the trigger and the selector are removable with one screw. Easy to replace and customizable.
The trigger is twice as thick as the one on the V1 remote, even that I never managed to break.

3 Likes

Is it not worth having a simple circular design for the battery housing and then letting each individual create a sleeve that runs over it. That way the sleeve can be customised according to hand size.

This is kind of how the Lift remote was done:

Yes, thats also possible. The handle is a separate part to the rest of the construction (similar like in the V1 design)
I will standardize the interface to the “head” as well as a minimum components space, so anyone can do a custom handle

1 Like

I like the idea of ​​a new version of the remote, but I don’t like the ergonomics. Here is a photo of the natural movement of the thumb when gripping the handle and how it will be positioned with the current version of the remote control.

So where / how would you position the toggle?

I don’t find the current design uncomfortable to be honest
And that’s the reason to send around the remote, to get feedback on this
You can also print the empty parts and try it out if you want

At least for me the thumb is still bend forward, like your first image

I think keeping the thumb in that position in thin air is pretty uncomfortable. Resting it on something that you keep in your hand feels pretty natural though.

1 Like

Your finger is in this position because you are not gripping the handle tightly.

How about you try the remote and then decide? :smiley:

Just angle it…would that not be more ergonomic?
K

I tried a few shapes and angles, this one was the most ergonomic.
But as the design is open source, everybody is free to angle their grip as he wants.

1 Like

I think its great the way it is…horses for courses!!!
K

What about having the thumb dial, vertical on the side of the grip
??..L or R handed as required

You mean almost like the V1 was? One of the goals with V2 was to make a left- & righthander design in one. But you can make the current toggle “wrap around” the side of the housing, so its reachable on the side as well

I have been holding a wide variety of handles in my hands for almost 20 years, and during this time I have significantly improved my skills in determining their ergonomics from photos). But if you post the models, I’m ready to print them and share my impressions.

Yes i guess any design will be a compromise.in the end. Id be happy with the new grip.and old.dial.set up.
Looking forward to seeing what else comes out of this.
K

https://lbre.de/fs/V2-3.rar
https://lbre.de/fs/V2-3_stl.rar

Here are the STEPs and F360-Archive
Printing the Top I can recommend this orientation (Turn 180° upside down, with supports and support blocker in the top holes):

The rest just normal flat side down
.4mm nozzle, .2mm layer hight

Assembly: Put trigger spring into trigger, rotate both into housing
Add trigger pin, turn slightly counterclockwise to arrange square part with hole, add M3 screw
Put toggle and toggle spring together like shown in CAD, fasten in housing with M3*4mm screw

2 Likes

I also made a small adapter, that tilts the handle by 10° if someone wants to try that

https://lbre.de/fs/10deg_adapter.stl

4 Likes

I printed it out, tried and decided to stay with V1. I don’t find it very comfortable to hold this handle, and the trigger is still exposed. Here is a photo of my board after it was hit by a tow boogie due to an unintentional trigger pull (it hit the halyard handle). Yes, it was a Maytech remote and not a Bremote, but I think the consequences could have been worse due to the fact that the Bremote trigger has softer springs.