BREmote - Future Development Topic

I also meant to ask will this new design accomodate the LR transmitter ?
K

There will only be one version. V2 will have a new transmitter chip, which will be longer range and better water penetration than the V1 LR version.

7 Likes

My 2 cents about trigger safety.
It was my first session. I was with the VX3 and noticed that it was once triggered from hitting the board and also I was all the time worried not to relax finger so that it won’t lay on the trigger and pull it.
So I think trigger guard is a good idea.
Or maybe additionally in order for trigger to activate - thumb to be pushing some lever.

2 Likes

When you have a first gerber and a bom I’d be happy to try a early jlcpcb order (and do a reflow assembly if its single side?). Will you aim for more of the brilliant pre-built kits for sale, or go opposite direction e.g publish a oshwlab type of project ready to order?

1 Like

First off, @ludwig_bre thanks for a great project! And your support for this is outstanding in so many ways–super helpful to so many people.

My toggle up/down mechanism sometimes sticks. I will eventually look to modify that mechanism and replace it with two small strong force-click tactile buttons below the center of the screen for toggle up/toggle down. Waterproofing will be challenging.

1 Like

How is the testing development coming along? I’m super excited to see what you come up with!

Currently working on improving the toggle as well as some first RF tests, and in parallel on a bit of a summer break. I will keep you updated as soon as I have something new to show.

2 Likes

Hi @ludwig_bre When you’re back from holiday: I’d like to say that I really like the BRemote, but I find that the mechanical parts are thin and not strong enough to give me confidence over time. So I’d like to try another design, more resistant like some you’ve shared above. I would also like to have a throttle lock system that is easy to activate with one hand. See you soon for a chat! Jean

1 Like

How long into the future is the V2 version, im curious as thinking of skipping the Flipsky VX remote and wait for this to come instead and build that as my project probably wont be done until next season anyhow

I don’t find much time recently to continue the development…
I think it will take until the end of the year, as in December, until I have something that’s ready to be built and tested.

5 Likes

Sometimes R&D takes years !

No I totally understand and respect that, I will consider until then what to do if anything as I am in no rush for it.