Build from Moscow!

I continue to master this crazy projectile! With a screw pitch of 5 inches, he reached a speed of 32 km. h. on the wing!

1 Like

Hello friends! Finally, I took my assembly to the sea! Check in salt water. Everything works fine, the remote too!

2 Likes

160x60 is a good size. Fits into a sedan without any problems!

Looking good :+1: How warm is the seawater?

22C! Short wetsuit.The Sea of Azov!

Lucky You, that’s pretty nice temp!

1 Like

I opened an aluminum box today. Oh, my God!There’s water! And this is Sea water! And it’s not the first day she’s been there! But everything works! Now I will open it after each ride. I’ll put the lid on the sealant tomorrow, and if the water comes in, I’ll go home and fill everything with the electronic compound that I used to fill the remote control with.

I’ll have to put a woman’s sanitary pad in there!

Lucky you, I got a nice explosion when this happened with my flier airplane esc in an aluminium box. Best flush it with isopropyl alcohol, maybe put some rice in it for some days afterwards to get the humidity out.

1 Like

Has your esc been flooded with electronics compound?

1 Like

No, just a cup of corrosion-X but it was too much water and the FETs were at the lowest point. The capacitors exploded.

It is extremely hard to make fully waterproof. Even if test OK, can still be leak. One of the problem is that when components get warm there can be air pressure, and if minimal leak, some air will escape. When then component will cool down, when still in water, there will be under pressure and some water can get inside. This was a know problem on some older Mercruiser gearcase, they later added a " breath" hose to solve the problem, so no pressure warm or cold(not workable in this application though)

That‘s what I did, I added a membrane „valve“ that should regulate the preasure inside the box without letting water in. The main problem was the way the motor wires entered the box directly from the mast. Too much preasure from underneath. With cable glands from the top and the side it seems to be waterproof. It is also important to secure the screws with loctite, otherwise they can get loose because of vibrations.

4 Likes

Yes! You’re saying it right. But everything is very individual for each build. In my case, we use esc flipsky already filled with the compaud. This saved me from a short circuit. In addition to the usb connector in this aluminum box, I do not need anything! You can safely fill it all! And sleep well!

After today’s test, everything is dry! The problem was in the native cover gasket. I removed it and put it on the sealant! Everything is dry and working!