Build from Moscow!

I bought it on Aliexpress. The link is not sent for some reason.

1 Like

Hello can you tell what battery do you use? I want to build battery from being used liIon 18650 from notebook batteries, i bought some cells 4.2v charged, and i disassembled my old battery and cells are 3.8v is there different voltage cells?

And did you try lifepo4? Its told that its heavier but better choice

Hi! About lifepo4, see above in my feed, collecting a battery from anything is not a good idea! The nominal value of liion 3.7 is charged 4.2. For one battery, cells are selected according to internal resistance and capacity, new elements are bought from one batch.

Oops! And mine are just going, the same! This is something similar to what the Australians put on their Flites. Connectors for horse money! :sweat_smile: This is what the 200 A or 300A connectors look like?

Good collection, how did you like the Flite propeller on your setup?

Hi! This topic was discussed above. Okay, I repeat! The screw is good, but…! In my assembly, it is perfect only with a rider weighing 70 kg! With a weight of 95 kg, I could not even stand on the wing, there was not enough power, with a weight of 85 kg, I could hardly get up. But it was already good on the wing! I’ll leave this screw for my next build. Battery 14 or 15s, esc flipsky 75200 or Trampa, the board is shorter but wider!

What oil seals and bearings did you use when redesigning the gearbox?

The shaft of the starter gearbox is processed on a lathe. The end of the shaft for the m8 thread, the base for the 15x24x10 radical bearing, and the groove for the locking ring for the stop in the 12x32x10 radial thrust bearing.And two oil seals 12x32x7.But that was two years ago. It’s still working! But now I’m using a gearless flipsky 65161 engine.

You are right convex hulls are called displacement hulls whereas concave are named planning hull. Some info here

It seems that at a given speed displacement hull are sucked by the water. Could be interesting to do more research on this topic to design the best board that take off at low amp…

2 Likes

Snow outside the window, time to finalize our builds! Installed new connectors! I placed 8 avg wires in a silicone tube, for better protection from mechanical damage! There were pricindents!

1 Like

2 Likes

The four-pin connector for the new Bluetooth module vx3 turned out to be much larger than I thought!

This was our approach to the problem: (our first ESC burned due to insufficient waterproofing):

The ESC is in an aluminium box. We replaced the existing gasket with a better one, and attached the lid supplied with the box.

Then we bolted an extra aluminium plate with torque control, so that the ESC box is now in a sandwich.

There is also a valve for injecting air in the ESC box, and after each ride, we check that there is still air. If there is no sound when pressing the valve center, we’ll start to worry…

So far, so good…

1 Like

Hi Anatoly,

How much power does it take you to start flying? Our Amp consumption is quite high, and I’m wondering if it’s normal: I see up to 75 Amps from the battery (57V) and I’m not on the wing yet. To be honest, this is our first serious try and I was afraid to push the thing.

Sorry if you have answered that question earlier…
Liên

Does this look like enough to take off???
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21ACdL39OtFTItRNo&cid=874D6D944A1FB3CC&id=874D6D944A1FB3CC%21133&parId=874D6D944A1FB3CC%21120&o=OneUp

Hi! Yes, that’s enough to get on the wing. But there is one thing! Speed is also important! At least 15 km h.You have to accelerate the board to the effect of light planing! I go out on the wing at a speed of 15-20 km. h. the battery current is 45-50 amps, my weight is 90 kg. My friend weighing 110 kg goes out on the wing at 75-80 amperes!

1 Like

I can’t open your link. What is your speed? Which propeller pitch do you use?

What is the area of your wing?

After checking that my esc, which I took out and re-installed, everything works, I filled the aluminum box where it is installed with water cooling with compound. No more worrying about water getting in there! To connect the computer, I put a three-pin ip 68 connector on the case, and redid the wire. The purchased waterproof usb connector lasted a month and rusted! This one is more reliable!