Bulgarian E-windsurf-foil project

Max discharge current seems a bit low compared to the best units, is it sufficient, don’t know.

Basically you always should use half of the rated discharge current. This one is rated 14A, so your 10P pack should not see more than 70 Ampere continious. Peak, during start can be 140. But during foiling at your desired speed you should not use more than 70A. I think for 20-26Km/h depending on the wing, you should be around 40-50A- Better you go for 12S instead of 10S-

1 Like

Hello,
Тhe idea for a maximum battery voltage of 42 volts (10s) , is to be able to charge from a solar panel 530- 550 watts.

Hello,
On my first purchase from Flipsky, I received a motor 65161 120kV complete with
propeller 7 1 / 4x 5 .
On the second purchase, I received a motor 65121 130kV complete with
propeller 7 1 / 2x7.
Is it possible that the second combination works well ???
Maybe not ?

First time I’ve seen the 65121 motor.

The send the higher pitch propeller with the motor having almost half the torque, i don’t get it? pretty sure the 5 pitch works better on the 65121 than the 7 ?

Pitch diameter blade area … the best way is to test and see what fits the needs and the motor or the battery … never ends
Fun vs efficiency ? Not the same level for everyone I guess

Hello ,
I redesigned the splined shaft 65121 motor and made a new bushing propeller 7 1/2x 7 .
Now I can change the propellers of all motors. :grinning:

Hello ,
Do you think it would be good to install an additional axial bearing on the shaft of the 6384 and 63100 motor?

No need. You have to change the bearings regulary anyway, and the ones used can carry the axial loads.

Cooling box waterproof for ESC APD 200 .

9 Likes

Very nice machining, the cooling will work perfectly.

Looks great. I just put that same APD ESC into my build. Bench test went great. I am setting up watercooling system as well. Hoping to get into the water in about a week for full test. I did add more capacitors since I was concerned about the longer battery leads.

1 Like

My test in water will not be soon.
I haven’t built the battery and I still have a lot of work to do on the hydrofoil.

The new front wing 1180 square centimeters and a aspect ratio 8.8 .

2 Likes

So how did the 65121 motor tests go? There is very little information in this forum about the 65121 so hopefully you’ve had some successful tests :slight_smile:

Hi,
I haven’t tested it in water.
When I finish making the battery, I will test it first.
:blush:

1 Like

Which airfoil section have you used ?

1 Like

My, looks like GOE464 .

What is the machine time to get this nice finish ?