Dan’s second build

Sorry to hear, I think you are still an early adapter of A200S V3 with a 65161 Motor. I hope you (and or Euan) will find a solution soon. I’m a bit behind with my 2nd build, therefore it will take some time until I can get this combination into the water. Good luck and keep us updated.

Try lowering the observer gain by factor 2

Woow…
Great build…
Pro work…

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I’m going to fill up a large bin and set up a test rig later on and have a good play about with the settings.

What type of gasket are you using for the hatch seal? Do you have a link?

It’s from Amazon, There are several sizes I’ve got the biggest one D14x12mm.

It works well to be fair, a little to well as it creates suction and you have to give the latches a tug to break the suction.

Qishare Silicone Rubber Weather Strip, Multi-Hole Design Seal Strip for Doors and Windows, Professional Self Adhesive Anti Collision Soundproof Waterproof Dustproof Windproof, 6M (D1412mm6Mx1, Grey) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y16CG29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WB22PMZXPVWX5QN21J07?psc=1

1 Like

Bit of progress fiddling with settings today.
I took the prop off and run motor detection again and it seemed to help. I could get it up to 100% throttle even though it was showing only 85-90% duty on the data :man_shrugging:t3:.

As you can see from the video it’s still not functioning at its best as when I would pull the trigger sharply it didn’t like it and would cut out. That’s with 150A Bat & 180A motor settings and the data going nowhere near them limits.

Any suggestions are welcome, I tried altering observer gain as @Ackermann suggested but unfortunately that didn’t help.

I do think it’s made it far more rideable as I doubt I would hit those limits out on the water but would still like to know what making it cut out like that.

Hi Dan,

What type of hatch latches are you using? Are you happy with the performance?

The latches are the industry standard Gemlux.

Performance, at the minute no. It’s VESC related which is not my best area, hopefully I’ll be able to tune it or falling that bite the bullet and get the Trampa 75/250 :man_facepalming:

Very nice test. Can you register data with that app? I mean record data in a txt file? Or just show data in real time? Thanks for your answer.

I’m not 100% sure sorry mate, I’m not to clever when it comes to VESC, I just know the basics. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in…

With a Metr.at logger connected you can, I know that much :woozy_face:

Yes, you can log data in csv format in vesc tool mobile app.
That is what I usually do when I am test driving the board in beginning or if you having some problem with something.
It is possible to activate it in developer tab.
Then you can transfer the file with the data to the laptop and read it in the standard vesctool software.

So I’ve made a few modifications, I got sick of the A200S letting me down and I think Euan got sick of me hassling him about it so he kindly refunded me. So I bought a Trampa instead which has been working a treat :+1:

Even though I had a long antenna to the nose the signal would still drop out now and then so I moved the receiver to its own compartment. Ive just got back from a ride and it was flawless, didn’t drop signal once which was bloody luxury!

1 Like

What was the issue with the a200s and which version was it?

For a start it wouldn’t save config settings every time I disconnected the battery. Then wouldn’t go above 60% throttle, then it would cut out if I went above 130ish amps or pulled the throttle a bit quicker. But the final straw was when I went to go for a ride and it did absolutely nothing, tried to re configure it but would say sensor detection failed.

It pissed me off most that it was ruining my days out I was planning and travelling to, only to be let down again.

It was the V3, it’s a shame because it’s a great little VESC with the potential for a lot of power for such a small unit.

Hi,
Where did you find your antenna for your maytech receiver ? Which length for the new antenna ?
Thanks.

The old one to the nose was the standard 1.2m from AliExpress.
The one I’m using now is the one that comes with the receiver, around 150mm long.
Even when submerged it worked today which would never of happened previously.

Nice, that is really the first good example I can remember seeing of someone extending their receiver to a better location for reception and using the original antenna. I guess we were all using antenna extensions and trying to keep the receiver module with the ESC. What gauge of wire are you using to extend from the ESC to RX/TX module?

Is the Trampa 100/250 set up with bluetooth incorporated in the vesc? Are you getting all your logging data via the VESC tool app? If so, is the data similar to the data the METR module is collecting?

I just used what I had lying around which was 20awg. Seems ok so far. I only ran the 3 PPM wires, I forgot to run the + positive so will have to add that at some point. I don’t need any other info to be honest.

I’m not sure about the logging accuracy, I can’t stand/use my Sony work phone so I only use it to connect via Bluetooth and change settings.
I’ve got a metr logger coming this week so I will do away with Vesc app altogether.

1 Like

Hello !
I fried my VESC 200A flipsky so I know some error codes.
When your vesc cut’s it display an error message : FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT
So if it’s not the “150A Bat & 180A motor settings” that you said, maybe your battery can’t deliver this load. Or maybe it’s a software problem and the 180A setting isn’t applied.
Anyway search in this way :wink: