Daniel's 2nd build

In this build I built my own mast from CFK. In my first build I only used the RL Fuselage and wings, not the mast, I used a chinese slinshot knockoff, which is really solid (and heavy). I do have an RL mast but never used it. I think the RL mast is not the most rigid one on the market, not only the junction between mast plate and mast but also rigidity of the mast itself. But it is relatively low cost, to be fair.

When sketching masts i found the the rl mast has the same profile as the f1 but rl is about twice the thickness. Maybe the grade of alu can be lower on the rl but i think it’s definitely not the flexiest mast out there. Gong v1 mast comes to mind :grinning:

Nice build!

1 Like

Built a top cover plate for the mast for transport. This keeps the Wagnersil silicone seal in place and allows to fix the phase cables. It also “stores” the fixing screws.
I also need to build a part to secure the motor for transport as this is the most delicate part of my system. The motor is over 2kg and has quite a bit of lever force. Still thinking on how to build an easy to remove sopport for the motor…

2 Likes