DIY 6384 Foil Drive Assist from South Germany

Epoxy filling the last on the plugs. :sunglasses:

I simply printed my blind caps again. Then melted the inserts and screwed them onto the aluminum sheet.

3 Likes

Seems you do not have any mark on the housing or some pin inside the connector so that the 3 wires always connect to the same one? If you rotate it 120 degree, you motor will run wrong direction.

On my system I have a small “nose”, and a mark on the outside so that the connection is always the same.

3 Likes

I didn’t put any markings on the plugs.
But I can see my Z seam from the printer.
Furthermore, it shouldn’t matter how the plugs are plugged in.
The phase field moves with it.
If so, you would have to swap two phases so that the motor reverses direction.

3 Likes

you are right, changing all 3 wires is no problem.

1 Like

@hangloose do you have a more detailed picture on how you covered the bottom of the stator with putty when filling with epoxy? Did you just use a small amount to keep a small gap between the stator and cap?

1 Like

Before filling with epoxy, I screwed in 8 screws at the bottom of the stator mount.
I let the foil around the stator run down to the bottom and then sealed everything on the side with putty.
So I don’t have a gap.

Perfect description exactly what I was wondering. Thank you!

1 Like

nice design, do you have the files, I’m looking to make a waterproof connector for the battery?

The final steps are completed.

Since I also use my Slingshot board for kiting, I came up with a way to attach the box that doesn’t get in the way with the attachment points when kiting.
For this purpose I installed leash plugs in the board. The battery box is fixed with 3M Velcro tape and then additionally with a rubber band.

I replaced the XT150 connectors on the battery and controller with AS150.

3 Likes

well done ! don’t forget to get a GF sheet on top of your attachement although there is no force.

On my good old FA build I went for this

1 Like

to insert a plug is the easiest and safest way! We simply designed a slot….

1 Like

Hi,
I think this idea really is next level !!!..i want to create the seals myself (like you have) and noticed you have molds for these. Are they on your Printables site as i didnt see them there.?..if not could you post them for download?
Again…unbeleivably good work…ive spent literally hours following this build.
Cheers
K

1 Like

Thanks. I uploaded the silicone molds for the MT-60 and LMT-6 connectors to Printables!

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-29 um 12.09.03

1 Like

Great, thank you mate…i also found some.silicone lurking in my toolset…all good.
K

1 Like

The Hyper Drive Propeller suitable for the 6384 or 63100 has now arrived from Propellerking.

Thank you @superlefax for the great Prop! :sunglasses:

For my second build I found a used Prone Board! It has become a Ride Engine Escape Pod with 45L.
First I would test the board with the assist. But for the second build I will insert an aluminum box into the board.
The aluminum box fits 2x10S3P of my Assist or another battery with 12S7P is added. I will show the second build separately in a topic when I start!

:call_me_hand: A good start into the new year everyone! :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a nice looking board!!:ok_hand:

1 Like

Such a heavy battery for prone surfing? What explains this choice?

That is of course a legitimate question.
I was simply looking for a board between 40-50 liters. And so it became a prone board.
Primarily I will use the board on flat water as an efoil with 12S7P. On the sea to pron with 10S3P. The large aluminum box means I am relatively flexible when it comes to the battery.
Depending on the application.

2 Likes

Can I ask where you got the aluminium box from?

1 Like

How confident are you in the waterproofness of the Aluminum case?

Rather than the supplied foam seal, you could fill the female side with a bead or silicone.

@nekitesurfing Looks to be approx an FA38 case. Heaps of manufacturers when you search for that.

2 Likes