Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics

Is it necessary to install 8 bolts for this plate. What is diameters? Thanks in advance for your answer

Hi jeffM,
why did you change the circuit breaker 150A for a 200A fuse? is there any advantages in using the fuse?

Hi @jeffM, what size is the hatch for the battery and other components in your v3 board?

Can you please share the 3d printer settings for these STL’s.

Im interested in the infill ratio?

Did you use carbon filament, are there any other strong enough filaments i can use?

Thanks!

Let’s give @nice2cu time to chime in and share his settings.

I print it hollow.
I used 3 or 4 layers for the border.
After I drilled on the layers that looking together when you mount it on the mast some holes and filled the clamps with Epoxy mixed with bits of glass.
Because I want it nice and more stable, I laminated it with one layer CFK.

Here you can see how I laminated it.

Thank you for the response!

awesome! thanks @Manu for the reference

Jef, how did concretely, with what tool ? did you drill the gong mast? if you had to choose, would you get another foil or stick with the gong ?

The new gong is much stiffer than the V1, the feel underfoot is better and more incisive.

2 Likes

manu, we are talking about this one ? L size (I’m 72kg) - 85cm mast

https://www.gong-galaxy.com/produit/gong-wing-foil-allvator-v2-curve-alu-carbon-2/

hey Jean Francois,

Encore merci, tu imprimes comme cela (avec support ou non?) 0.16mm 100% remplissage? Je pars sur du PETG. Sinon je vais utiliser du water cooling mais sans pompe, tu penses que ton design fonctionnera?

Salut,

I printed with 100% in ASA . this design work only with a water pump
if you want to use it without pump, you need to move the hole on the front of the nose

thanks a lot Jean Francois. You’re a star.

Do you know if the ready to print STL is available somewhere with the hole in front of the nose?

Keep it up.

Last but not least, which foil would you advise? I’m still hesitating with Gong but they are cheap, which one would you go for ? Allvator v2 L? (I’m 1m78 / 72kg) or more a HA one ? I wish I could use my existing kitefoil (but it’s a 1200cm gravity fone / kite) or my wing foil (AFS, but the mast is so far WAY to expensive and full carbon)

My advise : Gong V1 65CM alu with curve XL
V1 alu vs V2 : cheaper, lighter, good enough for an efoil
the V2 is better for Wing or kite

If you want a very light Efoil you can choose the gong V2 carbon 70cm
(it’s my new project :wink: )

I may add , v1 mast is ok for 72kg , but with xl wing and 98kg ( at the time…) , I bent it on a tight turn

thanks. How do you plan to drill through the v2 carbon mast ?!!! why do you go for 70cm ? I have 82cm on my wingfoil and it’s awesome !

Gong carbon mast is 649€

it’s Airex core inside the mast so it’s easy to drill with a 8X60cm drill
and the price is 419€ and less if it’s used (see on leboncoin :wink: )
https://www.gong-galaxy.com/produit/gong-foil-allvator-carbon-mast-70-cm/

1 Like

Hi Jeff, this tread is just fantastic! :clap: I just jumped in this build adventure . You mentioned that you turn on/off using the kill, is this safe for the ESC? Based on your knowledge do you think a circuit breaker could work to turn on/off

Hi
No issue after 4 years with this relay. No VESC burned
I think it’s better to use this vaccum relay

Merci Jean François, i will implement the Kilovac which looks a clever idea. Where did you purchase the normally close switch? I found only open so far.
Another question, is your BMS on the battery controlling both charging and discharging or only charging? If discharging what the Amp cut off is set to?