Efoil V3 - STL files for Gong foil and Flipsky motor 12mm - Parts list - Schematics

just placed a purchase order for the Lanyard kill switch, thanks . Need to order the kilovac now. What is your battery max current discharge and continuous current discharge amp?
Flipsky told me that a 80-100 Amp continuous discharged is required for my 65161 …any thoughts

Why 80-100 amp :thinking: ?
my flipsky work at 17 amp

1 Like

Not sure they know what they talk about…
That is why I am totally lost despite having read tons of post on this forum . I still don’t know what is the minimum battery I can use for my 65161 (commercially available battery I mean since I am not skilled enough to build it) at least to test my set up and components.
Regarding your low current consumption, I think you are the world champion… :trophy:

I don’t know what is commercially available for you but builders here use from 12S12P to 14S14P (3x3 = 9 combinations). Look at the activity of @jeffM, @V_S, @Flightjunkie
The S number (max number of cells in series) is also dependent from your ESC (max voltage /4.2V). Due to construction, an even S number allows to have both thick copper supply busbars on the same side of the battery pack. That’s why we mostly see 12S (60v max ESCs) and 14S (75V max ESC) on this forum. 15S and above can be deadly in water and should be avoided for an efoil use.
Many users have chosen to split the S number in two packs to be able to use a RC charger like the ISDT8 and not use a BMS (supervised charge only) responsible for a couple of fires (@Flightjunkie recommendation).

3 Likes

Thanks four you precious advices @SoEFoil. I clearly underestimated the battery part. I don’t want to pollute @jeffM ´si thread with my beginner’s question. For the moment I fight with my PLA mast clamp that exploded when I screwed it. Will make another one in PA/carbon much more resistant.

hello there

just reading your post , i guess you live in a cold country since you need coolant at night … …i live in dubai when the coledst water is 24 degrees and go to 35 degrees in summer … not sure if it will work … ??
i m running water pump from input at front of the cone …don-t like it …i m looking for aluplate to cool down from the mast …

Hi Jeff, tried the link but don’t seem to have access to download the STLs, so sent an access request through Google Drive. Thanks if you have time to grant me download access :slight_smile:

Hi
try now I think it’s ok now

Thanks, worked wonders, in the printer now :slight_smile:

Hello!
May I also ask you to open the access to the files? I tried asking for an access some days ago, but nothing :slight_smile:
Thank you!

This is my “version 2.0” for the clamp after it has delaminated at the head of the screws.
If the printed layers are not all compressed by the tightening of the screws, sooner or later it is destined to break.
In the new version 4 threaded bars keep the layers compressed and the stresses do not weigh on them.
:wink:

1 Like

Hello,
can some one send me the stl for the gong setup? I don’t have the access to the files but i want to build my first efoil with the gong mast. Please help me. I ask a few times for access but i didn’t get access till now.
Thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aCjulHFvo2-rUDIc0xqB1GRqtn8bkWcv?usp=sharing
are @jeffM 's
You’ll have to double check if the pod is for a Gong V1 (110mm) or V2 (100mm) mast width.

I know the google drive folder but I don’t have the access.:woman_shrugging:
I need the files for a gong v2 Mast.

Hello jeff,
can you give me access to your google drive folder for download the stl-files for the gong efoil. I’ve send you an inquiry. Thanks.
Marcel B.

I have some issue with my google drive, I need to upload again the STL

1 Like

yes, please @jeffM :slight_smile:

New link, tell me if it’s ok or not

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x6LvDm-dcYbK5Yf_uQEygAtHuc8M-T1o?usp=sharing

5 Likes

Thank You. It works. :slight_smile:

Can you share it again? )